The Student Room Group

retakes on UCAS

i got mi AS results and i got 4 C's but all of them were really close to a B..i am planning to do biomedical science and mi predictin will probably be around ABB/BBB..and i am gonna retake some modules in order to bring my grade up but i was really worried for the fact that the unis will know the retakes i did and my As grades and mire not consider me..i have done a work expericne at a lab and got one in a pharmacy and at mi GP coming up..i have done loadz of extra stuff as well..i was wondering that can u guyz give me some advice on whether should i put mi AS gardes on the Ucas or not..
plz help
thankz
Reply 1
But thing is, what are the chances the university will find out if you have done re-sits? I mean you could technically change the date of a re sit to make it seem as if you got that grade the first time around without the University knowing? I know it's immoral, but people who are desperate could do that no?
Reply 2
Wow, thank you for not answering my question properly.
Reply 3
If you're resitting your ASs to improve your A2 grade then your AS would have been decashed so the uni won't know you're doing resits.
Nagel
But thing is, what are the chances the university will find out if you have done re-sits? I mean you could technically change the date of a re sit to make it seem as if you got that grade the first time around without the University knowing? I know it's immoral, but people who are desperate could do that no?

But you wouldn't know your resit results when you applied, so you'd have to just make up grades that you didn't get. If UCAS found out, they'd void your application. Not really worth the risk when you'd still have a reasonable chance of getting offers as long as your predictions were better than your AS grades. Not to mention that the made up grades probably wouldn't get past the teachers checking your form anyway.
Reply 5
I'm just curious, as I've always wondered how UCAS can check if the grades you got, are correct.
Nagel
I'm just curious, as I've always wondered how UCAS can check if the grades you got, are correct.

I'm not sure, but I know they check a random sample, so I guess they must check with the exam boards somehow.
kellywood_5
I'm not sure, but I know they check a random sample, so I guess they must check with the exam boards somehow.
Yeah, that's probably why they ask for all your exam details, i.e. centre number, exam board etc... :p:
Reply 8
ah right! So, it's more of a random check thing? What happens if you get caught?
Reply 9
If you get caught, even if its when you have started uni, you could lose your place.

The universities get informed of your retakes in June and in Janurary. Its automatic. In fact the universities tend to get your grades several days before your school and several day before you.
It depends how far along in the process you are, but I think it goes something like this:

-You've applied, but not had any decisions: your application is cancelled
-You've had some offers: those offers are withdrawn and your application is cancelled
You're already at uni: you get kicked out
-You've already graduated: they take away your degree

The last two are extreme cases and it would be rare for UCAS to find out that late, but I'm sure I read on here that they can do it.
Reply 11
Ah I see! and do you have to present your certificates of your examinations to the tutors?
Nagel
Ah I see! and do you have to present your certificates of your examinations to the tutors?

I think it depends on the uni. Some ask you to send them before you go or take them with you when you enrol, but Exeter didn't. They wouldn't need them for your A-levels because they get the results sent to them from UCAS, plus you wouldn't have them yet anyway, but some unis might ask you for your GCSE certificates because otherwise they have no proof that you got the grades you say you did.

Latest

Trending

Trending