The Student Room Group

I got A* in GCSE Maths - Ask me Anything

If you've got anything to ask about GCSE do ask me.

I also created a thread to teach Maths GCSE free here.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2768234

Do not reply in the link provided by me here since I am only posting the lessons. PM me anything relevant to talk about that thread or you can also ask in this thread.

Regards,
Sena

Scroll to see replies

What UMS score did you get?
Are you taking maths for A-Level?
How much revision did you do for Maths GCSE?

Congratulations on your grade btw!:biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Thinedivine
What UMS score did you get?
Are you taking maths for A-Level?
How much revision did you do for Maths GCSE?

Congratulations on your grade btw!:biggrin:

Aww thank you so much!:smile:
I completed my GCSE during 2012.
Yes, I am.
My gradeometer of GCSE results shows that my mark for A* just landed on the required A* mark.
Revision I should say yes I worked hard but got techniques to get A* which my sister taught me in the last moment and I did nearly all past papers. I say Collins GCSE Mathematics Book is the best revision book for GCSE all subjects cos it goes in the same syllabus order. Even for biology, chemistry. I didn't use for physics as my sister taught me. I actually learnt more from home. But yea school was a motivation to keep me updated with my studies and to learn on time with unit and monthly tests.

Whats your GCSE grade?
Original post by Sena5
Aww thank you so much!:smile:
I completed my GCSE during 2012.
Yes, I am.
My gradeometer of GCSE results shows that my mark for A* just landed on the required A* mark.
Revision I should say yes I worked hard but got techniques to get A* which my sister taught me in the last moment and I did nearly all past papers. I say Collins GCSE Mathematics Book is the best revision book for GCSE all subjects cos it goes in the same syllabus order. Even for biology, chemistry. I didn't use for physics as my sister taught me. I actually learnt more from home. But yea school was a motivation to keep me updated with my studies and to learn on time with unit and monthly tests.

Whats your GCSE grade?

I'm taking my maths GCSE next summer so it's nice to hear your tips! I was actually looking for a textbook so I'll look into the Collins one and as you said, I'm aiming to complete a lot of past papers leading up to the exam! I hope I achieve highly as you did! I actually like maths, but we have a bad teacher so I'm probably going to end up doing most of the work at home.
What did u get for all ur gcse grades? Are u doing further maths for alevels? Or maths? How u finding it if u already started ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sena5
Don't worry.
Any doubts ask me. I'll show you an online version of that book I'm trying to post here typing. But as you'll need immediately I'll give you the link. I'll PM you. Don't give it to anyone as you have to be aiming to get the highest grade in your class. Make most of your teacher too. Ask your questions and doubts. Ask me AND I'll help you. Add me on Skype Sena5TSR just to send your doubts or completed answers so 'll check it, correct it and reply with corrections and help you as much as I can.:wink: Add me on TSR if you wish:smile:
Please don't post the link anywhere on TSR or elsewhere. Please?

Yes sure I won't, wouldn't want anyone else to have that advantage.:wink:I'll add you now; pm me whenever. Thanks for your help!:smile:
Reply 6
I got a C at the end of year 10 in Maths,would it be a realistic aim for me to target an A by the end of year 11?In all honesty,I think I was more deserving of a D,not a C and my teacher just gave it to me out of pity.:colondollar: I'm a fairly good student,acheiving B's at the end of year 10 in every subject bar Maths.So I think I'm well on course to getting straight A's by the end of year 11 in every subject except Maths but I really want straight A's and I'm afraid Maths will ruin it for me.It's the one subjectt I simmply cannot grasp.:confused:
I struggled with diagnosed depression and other mental health issues over the course of year 10 which I also think has negatively affected my grades due to a variety of factors including family problems.:frown: Helppppppppp...:frown:
Reply 7
Original post by blackorchard_01
What did u get for all ur gcse grades? Are u doing further maths for alevels? Or maths? How u finding it if u already started ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths - A*
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Tamil - A
English (Spec B) -C
Physics - B

Not further maths. I'm doing C1 , C2 and S1
I haven't begun A2 yet. I begun uni and doing accounts so I might do maths for A2, not others. I'll continue with my uni course.
I didn't find AS tough but A2 i need someone to teach me.:sadnod:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by LfcLover
I got a C at the end of year 10 in Maths,would it be a realistic aim for me to target an A by the end of year 11?In all honesty,I think I was more deserving of a D,not a C and my teacher just gave it to me out of pity.:colondollar: I'm a fairly good student,acheiving B's at the end of year 10 in every subject bar Maths.So I think I'm well on course to getting straight A's by the end of year 11 in every subject except Maths but I really want straight A's and I'm afraid Maths will ruin it for me.It's the one subjectt I simmply cannot grasp.:confused:
I struggled with diagnosed depression and other mental health issues over the course of year 10 which I also think has negatively affected my grades due to a variety of factors including family problems.:frown: Helppppppppp...:frown:

Yea sure. I guarantee you could get A*. KEEP CONFIDENCE AND DETERMINATION. Sky is not the limit! You'll defo do it!
Aww teacher's do it so you feel uncomfortable and learn more and put in more effort. GCSE Maths is very easy to get A*
I can help you as I have created a thread. See my first main post here. I was thinking I'm entering some university when beginning gcse lol cos I thought GCSE is something very big. Yes it is but not big as the university itself. But see I learnt and got the grade. It's not hard if we practice more of the past papers.When doing the past papers you will realise all are of the same style and you will know what types of questions come at the first and end and you will be confident and that's how I was!
Yes, I will teach you maths if you are willing to. For free! :biggrin:
yOU COULD MAKE USE OF YOUR TEACHER. aSK your teacher several questions you have doubt on. Don't bother if the teacher scolds. At the end it's you receiving the results and once you get the best results the teacher would have no words to say other than praise you. And the teacher will themself be ashamed for scolding you. Don't be discouraged. I will help you. Look here - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2768234
Look at this link and do the questions I've given. Any doubts then quote me here or PM me.
I have begun the first lesson. Do follow my lesson. Look into it. And submit your answers. i'LL CORRECT it with explanations and submit it back to you.

Don't worry dear:console: I am here to teach you:smile: Smile:wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Sena5
Maths - A*
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Tamil - A
English (Spec B) -C
Physics - B

Not further maths. I'm doing C1 , C2 and S1
I haven't begun A2 yet. I begun uni and doing accounts so I might do maths for A2, not others. I'll continue with my uni course.
I didn't find AS tough but A2 i need someone to teach me.:sadnod:

Oh ok how come ur gcse subjects are so little ? Do u advice stats or mechanics, which ones easier less boring , more rewarding for later in life? Soz for the over dose in questions :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sena5
Don't worry.
Any doubts ask me. I'll show you an online version of that book I'm trying to post here typing. But as you'll need immediately I'll give you the link. I'll PM you. Don't give it to anyone as you have to be aiming to get the highest grade in your class. Make most of your teacher too. Ask your questions and doubts. Ask me AND I'll help you. Add me on Skype Sena5TSR just to send your doubts or completed answers so 'll check it, correct it and reply with corrections and help you as much as I can.:wink: Add me on TSR if you wish:smile:
Please don't post the link anywhere on TSR or elsewhere. Please?

You seem pretty insecure about not giving away your maths links to anyone. Don't worry. You aren't the only person in the country who has got an A* in GCSE Maths, and it's nothing special. Try getting an A* at A- level then come back to me :wink: People get A*'s without even using books lmfao. I did revision the night before and got an A*. :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by blackorchard_01
Oh ok how come ur gcse subjects are so little ? Do u advice stats or mechanics, which ones easier less boring , more rewarding for later in life? Soz for the over dose in questions :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am living abroad so for IGCSE for us minimum 6 subjects are required.6 is enough to complete GCSE. Idk why other's take many and waste loads of energy. I guess for the GCSE 6 is minimum and enough to complete GCSE. Only schools ask student candidates to take so many subjects I guess.

I did statistics. What do u mean advice? I just did the edexcel stats book and I think that book is enough to learn AS Stats to get A

Stats is less boring and easy to catch up and score high marks I guess imo as i have done stats. I think mechanics includes physics sorts of mathematics; questions. Stats is just maths. I love only maths as it's nothing to memorize but just practice. lol no problem.
Reply 12
Original post by Incubator
You seem pretty insecure about not giving away your maths links to anyone. Don't worry. You aren't the only person in the country who has got an A* in GCSE Maths, and it's nothing special. Try getting an A* at A- level then come back to me :wink: People get A*'s without even using books lmfao. I did revision the night before and got an A*. :smile:

lol no worries. If you asked kindly I would of posted it here. I know zillions and more have got A* for maths GCSE. It's pretty obvious to get this grade at GCSE.
I learnt Maths in my own. So revision only myself. Taught by my sisters.
Yea I'll surely get A* for maths. I am waiting for my results this august for maths.
I'll reply back with the results.
Original post by Sena5
lol no worries. If you asked kindly I would of posted it here. I know zillions and more have got A* for maths GCSE. It's pretty obvious to get this grade at GCSE.
I learnt Maths in my own. So revision only myself. Taught by my sisters.
Yea I'll surely get A* for maths. I am waiting for my results this august for maths.
I'll reply back with the results.

Why would I need your book lol? So is this A2 or AS you're doing? I posted a maths question on your page. Answer it.
Reply 14
Why would I need your book lol? So is this A2 or AS you're doing? I posted a maths question on your page. Answer it.

I am doing GCSE
Can you tell me which type your question is looking at the attachment.
Thanks
Original post by Sena5
I am doing GCSE
Thanks

You said to me that you're doing A level maths and that you have already achieved A* in GCSE.

"I learnt Maths in my own. So revision only myself. Taught by my sisters.
Yea I'll surely get A* for maths. I am waiting for my results this august for maths. "
Original post by Sena5
I am doing GCSE
Thanks

2nd one
Reply 17
You said to me that you're doing A level maths and that you have already achieved A* in GCSE.

"I learnt Maths in my own. So revision only myself. Taught by my sisters.
Yea I'll surely get A* for maths. I am waiting for my results this august for maths. "

I meant i was doing GCSE lessons thread here and yes I've done AS Level. I begun university with foundation in accounting.
Original post by Sena5
I meant i was doing GCSE lessons thread here and yes I've done AS Level. I begun university with foundation in accounting.

Why are you asking me what type of question this is then? :s-smilie::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
Reply 19
Why are you asking me what type of question this is then? :s-smilie::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The format of your question confuses.
As you have typed your question. I can write your questions in many ways but I don't know which one you ask me to do. Please draw the proper question with the relevant area brackets clearly for me to identify the type of question. It's hard if you don't as I won't know what type of differentiation question you are asking for.
Could you draw your question on paint and attach it here as I did?. So, I'll answer it.

Quick Reply

Latest