The Student Room Group

What's your opinion on tattoos?

Do you have one? Would you ever get one? Do you like the look of them? Just interested :smile:

Scroll to see replies

No.

No.

Sometimes yes.
Reply 2
I used to like them
when they were like this

but now because of this. i think they are gay.

No

Possibly but probably not

Sometimes but not often
Reply 4
I have two

I'll probably get more

Some can look soooooooo terrible, but others can look awesome
Original post by Precious Illusions
No

Possibly but probably not

Sometimes but not often

My answers would be exactly the same! If you did get a tattoo, what would you get?
Original post by Thinedivine
My answers would be exactly the same! If you did get a tattoo, what would you get?

I have no idea really, which is exactly why I wouldn't get one right now. It'd have to be something really meaningful and something I'd considered for quite a while tbh as I wouldn't want to regret it. What about you?
Reply 7
No, probably not, no.
Original post by Precious Illusions
I have no idea really, which is exactly why I wouldn't get one right now. It'd have to be something really meaningful and something I'd considered for quite a while tbh as I wouldn't want to regret it. What about you?

Yes, I agree, it does scare me that they are so permanent. I think I would never actually bring myself to get one just because of the fear of regret but hmm if I did, like you it would be meaningful. I'd also have it very small so it wouldn't be so obvious:tongue:
Reply 9
No

No

0.00001% of the time.
I do not like them.
Original post by Thinedivine
Do you have one? Would you ever get one? Do you like the look of them? Just interested :smile:

No I don't.

Yes, I am planning too. The advice I got from someone was to wait 2-3 years and if you still like the idea and design of tattoo after that time then get it. I am still in that 2-3 year period.

Yes, if people go to a good artist that knows what they are doing. I've known some people who have gone to a bad tattooists and they have mucked it up. Such as digging the needle too deep into the skin and the ink bleeding / not being even.
I don't have any at the moment but plan on getting them. I love the look of some, I think if they're tasteful and well done they can look great. You see some that look horrific though... :redface:
Yes.

Want more.

Depends on the quality and theme.
Yep.

Definitely want at least two more.

Yes if they are well done (obviously) and not on the lower back.
No

No

Occasionally
Matt Healy
No, no and no.

:smile:
no and no,
and it depends - if you're a person making minimum wage they look awful and inappropriate
if you're a rock star then they more likely than not look great and very suitable
it really is that depend on context
I love tattoos :smile:

I'm going to get one soon, just trying to decide where and what to get. I have a few ideas but I need to make sure I am certain about what I want before I book it.

I like the look of most of them. Some can look tacky or badly done but on the whole, most of them look good. I'm very fond of guys with sleeves :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest