The Student Room Group

Do you want more Jewish states?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by No Man
This.

Although those with a majority asian religion would still be fine if they remained secular (it can even work for Islam, if it copies Turkey's or Central Asia's Model).

True, i like East Asia but then they don't have such dominant religions in their lives or are not religious at all. Turkey could go either way, as its military influence has been weakened it's become more Islamic in some cases.
no, we've got one already and why is one not enough?
secularism ftw
What is needed is one Jewish state, Israel, that is at peace with it's Arab neighbours. This wont be possible because Islam demands the whole world to be Islamic.
Original post by felamaslen
I would like to see more secular states. One Jewish state is enough, given that there aren't that many Jews, and in America the Jews were not, and are not, persecuted.

There may not have been a holocaust but they got a load of racial hatred along with anyone else who weren't white.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
There may not have been a holocaust but they got a load of racial hatred along with anyone else who weren't white.

Indeed, for most of the disapora history the place Jews were least persecuted was the Arab world.
Reply 25
Original post by Wilsoncw1997
Yes or no.

what i find funny is how few people know about the "Jewish Autonomous Oblast" a state within the Russian Federation.

its existed since 1932 if I'm not mistaken.

yet has almost no jews there. they are just simply not interested in moving there.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bill_Gates
Yes. "Middle east" would be much better off under Israeli occupation than the current barbaric countries we have which have put millions into absolute poverty and terror.

Yes I'd agree with that. I support Israeli territorial annexation, and support Israel in the current conflict.

Ideally though, there would be secular states, one Jewish state is enough.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly

True, but nothing on the scale of Europe or the middle east.
Why does any religion need its own specific state?
I'd like to see more secular states. 'Jewish state' is inherently discriminatory and seems to suggest other groups are second class citizens. No state endorsed religion in the 21st century please. No religious influence on laws or medical procedure.
We have one official Jewish State (מְדִינַת יִשְׂרָאֵל) and an official Jewish oblast (Евре́йская автоно́мная о́бласть), there are already two and I personally feel that it's enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending