GCE O Level
GCE Advanced Subsidiary (NEW)
GCE Advanced Subsidiary: Double Award
GCE Advanced Supplementary (OLD)
GCE Advanced Level
GCE Advanced Level: Double Award
Advanced Extension Awards (NEW)
GCE Special Paper (OLD)

do i select GCE Advanced Level for my alevels (as and a2)
Reply 1
Select GCE Advanced Subsidiary (NEW) for all the AS levels (even the ones you carried on to A2)

Then select GCE Advanced Level for all the subjects you are carrying on to A2
Reply 2
Madprof
Select GCE Advanced Subsidiary (NEW) for all the AS levels (even the ones you carried on to A2)

Then select GCE Advanced Level for all the subjects you are carrying on to A2

are you sure you have to do the first bit, if the 2nd assumes you have done the AS?
Reply 3
But how else do you enter your AS grade for that subject? (which you have to do if it's cashed in)

Perhaps it gives you an option later on, in which case ignore me as I'm talking rubbish, but I remember putting AS and A2 on seperately last year.
Reply 4
i thought most people didn't enter their AS grades?
And just did the full A-level as 'pending'?
Reply 5
Madprof
But how else do you enter your AS grade for that subject? (which you have to do if it's cashed in)

Perhaps it gives you an option later on, in which case ignore me as I'm talking rubbish, but I remember putting AS and A2 on seperately last year.

oh do you? is it automatically cashed in unless you decline the grade? do you have to put in UMS scores as well or just grades?
Reply 6
Fron TSR, it seems a majority of schools cash in AS grades, so students have to put them down (unless they'd declined them themselves). Ths was the system at my school.

Like I said above, it was probably cashed in, but check with school. And you just put down overall grade and module grades.
Reply 7
londongirl
oh do you? is it automatically cashed in unless you decline the grade? do you have to put in UMS scores as well or just grades?

Sorry, yeah, Madprof would be right if your centre's cashed the grade in, I think - my school doesn't do automatic cash-ins, anything you give up is cashed-in in the January session. If your AS-levels have been cashed in, you should have something like:

Advanced Subsidiary GCE
[Subject name] B(b) xxx/300

OR

ASUB [Subject name] B(b) xxx/300

or similar.

If you haven't got the name of your actual subject with a grade next to it then as far as I know your AS level has not been cashed in. You'll just have individual unit grades and marks.
If you wish to decline your AS grades you can... I'm not sure, but it might cost you (I know late certifications cost money).
Reply 8
would declining grades make much of a differences to applications, if the college policy is to cash them in? cos this would suggest your grades weren't as good as expected/resits etc.
Reply 9
yeah i was thinking that

because if i decline my grade is that AS and A2 both declined? or just A2

Latest

Trending

Trending