The Student Room Group

writting a personal statement...

hi guys,

I was just wondering, on the personal statement bit, how do i make make my ps addressed to a couple of uni's rather than just one. I ask this because i have called up a couple of uni';s and they have told that i ned to address my ps to them (stating why i want to go to their university). However, i have called up a couple of uni's and i am thinking of trying them as back up just in case one of them doesn';t fall through. Any tips, guys?
Original post by ichigo3G
hi guys,

I was just wondering, on the personal statement bit, how do i make make my ps addressed to a couple of uni's rather than just one. I ask this because i have called up a couple of uni';s and they have told that i ned to address my ps to them (stating why i want to go to their university). However, i have called up a couple of uni's and i am thinking of trying them as back up just in case one of them doesn';t fall through. Any tips, guys?

Which universities are saying that you should address your PS directly to them?

All UCAS applications are expected to have a generic PS that focuses on the SUBJECT that you're applying for (with no mention of universities).

If you're applying directly then you might be asked to explain what appeals about each particular university but in that case it shouldn't be a problem as you will be making a direct application to each university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending