The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Tell us your opinions on both, and we might be able to help.
UEA :wink: Hey it was my firm :smile:
Reply 3
hm

I wrote my opinions but I was disc while posting the thread!

Well according to the times uni guide and rankings Bath is at the top 10 but according to The guardian there are like 20 places difference between the 2 unis. (UEA being 17th or so and bath 30-something)

I've been told Bath is a beautiful place to live but Norwich may be more lively... I can't really decide... I haven't been to any of them... Seeing the latest news, they say norwich is a great place to live but everyone who hears bath are like: you're gonna love it there its gr8...

Lol Im so confused :/
And I don't know which rankings to follow...
As you can see rankings are not very accurate. Its up to you to pick the one that suits you best.
Reply 5
Rankings are a load of tripe. I know that they are often the only help that you have in order to pick which universities to apply to, but they really shouldn't be followed too closely.

I've never been to Norwich, but I bet it's a nice place. However I've been to Bath Uni 3 times (it was my firm), and it was really nice. The staff are very friendly, and the students that I met seemed very happy.

If you aren't pushed for time in making a decision, then I would say that you should visit both of them so that you can see them for yourself - you shouldn't have to listen to me saying "Go to Bath!", or Larry saying "UEA!".

Chat to students from both universities, and try to get an idea of what to expect on the course, and in general uni life.
Reply 6
I must let them know by wednesday :P

I really can't make up my mind!

I think with UEA I can get better accomodation but life may be more enjoyable @Bath...
Reply 7
I have lots of friends at UEA and they love it. Apparently it's rated one of the highest unis for student satisfaction, so chances are you would enjoy going there. I don't know anything about Bath except that it's close to Bristol and Bristol is great.
Reply 8
Well I did Bath CS last year (switching to something else this year) and I love the city, love the people, love the campus, loved the department, I pretty much love everything about it! The only reason I'm switching off of CS is because I'm not very good at maths and was struggling with the content too much for it to be reasonable for me to carry on.

I can't tell you much about UEA because I've never been there and don't know anyone that studies there. But if you have any questions about Bath feel free to PM me or whatever :smile:
Reply 9
See...everyone is happy with their uni...I chose bath
Reply 10
Woooo!

Bath is really, really nice.

Oh, and you might be able to get some free fudge from the fudge shop near the Roman Baths :wink:
toxi
See...everyone is happy with their uni...I chose bath

Good luck have a great time :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending