The Student Room Group

Advice for people starting Sixth Form/College?

Starting Sixth Form on September the 2nd and hopefully will be doing A-Levels :-) Any advice for me so I can pass? Thanks x
Reply 1
Original post by Summer Rose
Starting Sixth Form on September the 2nd and hopefully will be doing A-Levels :-) Any advice for me so I can pass? Thanks x

Definitely keep on top of work, and keep the work organised! As soon as your folders start having pages thrown in and not filed, it just goes on... :facepalm:
Reply 2
Get your coursework done and out of the way early. You'll realise in 6th form how your teachers are real humans as well so listen to their advice!
Reply 3
Realise that it isn't just slightly more work than GCSE, it's going to be a hard year and a steep learning curve. However, also remember that it's awesome and the lessons and teachers are brilliant! :smile:
If you're struggling on something, find your teachers in your frees/before school/break/lunch and ask for their help. Most teachers are willing to give you extra help if you put the effort in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My advice is don't!

Hahahaha, I'm joking. Really though, I just did my AS year and my advice is make revision notes as you go, don't wait until your exam date is looming. It might seem pointless at the time but trust me, don't be like me and have your exam in 2 weeks and you still haven't done any revision notes, never mind learn it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Thanks guys x :biggrin:
Original post by IAmEchelon
My advice is don't!

Hahahaha, I'm joking. Really though, I just did my AS year and my advice is make revision notes as you go, don't wait until your exam date is looming. It might seem pointless at the time but trust me, don't be like me and have your exam in 2 weeks and you still haven't done any revision notes, never mind learn it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is probably some of the best advice you'll get! I didn't do this and when all your (A2!) exams are crammed into two weeks you don't have time to start making notes a couple of weeks before!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Are societies any good? What do you actually do? And are there any sport clubs?

Sorry this is abit ot
Original post by Manexopi
Are societies any good? What do you actually do? And are there any sport clubs?

Sorry this is abit ot

It depends on your sixth form/college

My college had loads of sports clubs, and regular clubs for people to join, like creative writing, sciences stuff, we even had a build a rocket club and air hostessing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest