The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 1
Im pretty sure i remember reading that you can enrol all the way up to when you're about to start, but if you don't enrol within 48 hours of freshers week they will think you're not coming, or something like that anyway. in the booklet we got sent on enrolling it tells you in there.
will we get some kind of a welcome pack or something? i cant wait- it makes it all seem so much more real.
also, anyone know when we get our accomodation packs teling us what to bring?! i want to go out shopping!!
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Soon you'll have your very own smarty university e-mail address! :biggrin: For anyone in the school of Electronics and Computer Science, you'll also have a funky shell account - on Windows, download PuTTY and connect to ugcluster.ecs.soton.ac.uk through ssh to log in... on linux, install the openssh client and do the same.

You can find some advice on what to bring in this guide: http://www.accommodation.soton.ac.uk/documents/Accomodation_Broc_06.pdf

It gives a link to a good site with lots of information. I can't type the URL since TSR filters it out (that's really lame... I'm disappointed that they filter legitimate information sites).
All i got was a letter from my department asking me to send 2 passpor sized photos to them by post. I sent my AS 12 letter 2 days after results day but have got no confirmation that they recived it or any welcome pack. Infact the only other thing i recived was an Email asking for freshers who would like to be filmed during freshers week for a documentry, to come forward.

Has anyone got anything else?

Im going to phone up on tuesday to make sure they got my AS12 letter, and if i got no accomodation by friday then will phone there aswell since they said i will get some with in 10 days and i phoned last tuesday!
Reply 4
PQ
...it's owners decided to post about 40 posts in every subforum to advertise it

Ahh okay. It's a shame people can't be responsible and just realise that people will advertise them through word-of-mouth if they're decent! I was thinking that it was a pre-emptive anti-competitive thing. :redface:
I have just signed up online. I can not entrol since that happens on the 1st of september, but i have been given a username and password. Does this mean they deffintly recived my AS12 letter or could i have signed up even if they have not?
Reply 6
*titanium*
I have just signed up online. I can not entrol since that happens on the 1st of september, but i have been given a username and password. Does this mean they deffintly recived my AS12 letter or could i have signed up even if they have not?

What do you mean by signed up?

Latest

Trending

Trending