The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

why dont you go onto the liverpool and uea forums and ask their opinions- ask why people applied their for law? or you could ask those who went?
Reply 21
Lewis-HuStuJCR
Norwich... farmers!!

hahaha!
Reply 22
KinkayGema
why dont you go onto the liverpool and uea forums and ask their opinions- ask why people applied their for law? or you could ask those who went?

yeh i could do, but i myspaced it lol search for people at liv or uea and then message, that did its job pretty well, on myspace people seem a lot more open/truthful and will hapily tell all the crap bits of the uni and the courses.
what they say??
Thats because you get a certain type of person on TSR ... whereas everyone has a myspace... which is annoying, hence the beauty of facebook :biggrin:, you have to have a uni email address to sign up so theres no 14 yr old kids on ther.
Reply 25
KinkayGema
what they say??

just general good and bad things such as

Random UEA Myspacer
Allright buddy,

No worries about asking.
UEA as a whole is great, no regrets about going there. The Uni's about 20 minutes on the bus out of town but its still really easy to get in with buses and taxis. Towns got some good bars and clubs and they all do student nights in the week.
The campus is really nice with loads of grass and a huge lake. Most of the halls are new so youll probably be living somewhere ok. Everywheres a 5 minute walk from the centre of campus so its pretty easy.
The unions really good. Tuesdays and saturdays loads of people go to the LCR for club nights. The pubs recently been refurbished so its quite nice.
The middle of campus is a bit concretey so can look a bit ****ty but its not that bad.
The law schools good. I'm not sure where it stands compared to others but i think its pretty high up. The teachings mostly been good, the odd dodgy lecturer but mostly quite good. There's a fair bit of work but i guess you get that anywhere.
Only bad things are that the unions well into ethics and fairtrade-banned coke and nestle, but apart from that its good.
I guess that you should try and get up for an open day and see it for yourself.
If you've got any other questions just ask.

Cheers

Chris

haha Lewis, "certain type of people" v vague comment.
Well what do you expect on an academic forum ... they all fight for their uni to be the best, we're all guilty of biggin ourselves up and where we study.
Reply 27
That's a pretty good review from that Myspace guy. UEA sounds like a good uni to be in. Though I do not know how they survive without coca-cola products. Student Unions can be such daft masturbators sometimes. I think Nottingham has banned Nestle as well, apparently because the company promotes bottled baby food instead of breast milk in developing countries. I don't see the big deal, myself.
yea ur right vlad, strangely enough I studied this in international investment. The best bit is that Nottm tried to ban Nestle, failed to cos no-one cared enough to vote but claimed they do anyway... also coke supposedly there is a motion to ban it. but contrary to popular belief its not banned, which is why its still on sale in teh SU shop.
Reply 29
argh! a random myspacer has just sent me a message on liverpool law, why must law students be so good at persuasion and balancing arguments etc etc lol sooo annoying!
TheVlad
That's a pretty good review from that Myspace guy. UEA sounds like a good uni to be in. Though I do not know how they survive without coca-cola products. Student Unions can be such daft masturbators sometimes. I think Nottingham has banned Nestle as well, apparently because the company promotes bottled baby food instead of breast milk in developing countries. I don't see the big deal, myself.

Nestle gave away free milk powder and convinced mothers that their 'free' product was best for babies, so they switched from brest feeding and then after a while found they could no longer breast feed (I won't go into the science). At which time Nestle started charging for the powder and the mothers couldn't afford it so many babies got very ill and died.

Although people should be able to choose what they buy.
Reply 31
guccilittlepiggy
Nestle gave away free milk powder and convinced mothers that their 'free' product was best for babies, so they switched from breastfeeding and then after a while found they could no longer breast feed (I won't go into the science). At which time Nestle started charging for the powder and the mothers couldn't afford it so many babies got very ill and died.

Although people should be able to choose what they buy.

:eek: Corporate manslaughter?! Nestle must have known what they were doing.
I believe its been going on since the 1970s.
Lol, you try and sue someone under the present rules for corporate manslaughter then... hence why they are looking at reform.

Latest

Trending

Trending