Bristol Applicants for 2015 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Just Firmed Bristol!!!! So excited!!!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
As a mature student I had an interview for law last Wednesday
The interviewer told me I shoukd expect a decision within 2 days ( I didn't ask him for a time frame, he just told me at the end of the interview.)
As of this morning I'd not heard anything so I gave them a call and just politely said that I hadn't heard anything and I just wanted to check all was in order as I'd been advised 2 days originally. They told me all was fine, I should expect a decision this afternoon.
As of 3pm I'm still yet to hear anything, beginning to get frustrating now as it's likely to be my first choice if I get an offer.
Patience is a virtue and all that but when thy give you a timeframe and then don't hit it, it really does get frustrating
Reply 942
Original post by Jmurp017
As a mature student I had an interview for law last Wednesday
The interviewer told me I shoukd expect a decision within 2 days ( I didn't ask him for a time frame, he just told me at the end of the interview.)
As of this morning I'd not heard anything so I gave them a call and just politely said that I hadn't heard anything and I just wanted to check all was in order as I'd been advised 2 days originally. They told me all was fine, I should expect a decision this afternoon.
As of 3pm I'm still yet to hear anything, beginning to get frustrating now as it's likely to be my first choice if I get an offer.
Patience is a virtue and all that but when thy give you a timeframe and then don't hit it, it really does get frustrating

Be patient! Maybe wait until Friday (just to demonstrate your good nature!) and then ring again. But, I'm sure you'll hear tomorrow.

Did you apply without A Levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 943
Would anyone happen to have any idea who do I email to ask for feedback regarding my application? Absolutely gutted to get rejected by Bristol. Has anyone ever been successful in getting a slot through extra after being rejected during normal applications? :frown: Any advice or help given is greatly appreciated!
Original post by ddalgi
Would anyone happen to have any idea who do I email to ask for feedback regarding my application? Absolutely gutted to get rejected by Bristol. Has anyone ever been successful in getting a slot through extra after being rejected during normal applications? :frown: Any advice or help given is greatly appreciated!

What did you apply to? I'd just email them, might take a while as might even wait to look until they've dished out all their offers to respond to feedback emails...
If you have already been rejected there is absolutely no point in reapplying through Extra for the same course at the same Uni. They don't want you.

For others - do your research. If you dont meet the basic academic requirements then its a pointless choice. Think before you apply. Is it a course you actually want to do? At a Uni you really want to go to? Make sure its Yes to both these questions before you apply as this could be the Uni you are going to.
(edited 9 years ago)
Any other English applicants still not heard? I submitted in October :frown:
I applied in mid-November for maths but have heard nothing since. I'm worried they forgot about my application:confused:
Original post by Cookie20
I applied in mid-November for maths but have heard nothing since. I'm worried they forgot about my application:confused:

Nope they haven't. They just take a long time to assess each applicant, so don't worry! You'll hear back from them soon. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It means that they are making the final difficult Yes or No decisions.

Keep your fingers crossed.
Any of you went to the physics/physics and philosophy visit day on Wednesday? If so, what did you think?
Is anyone planning to go the Psychology Visit Day in the 25th March?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 952
Original post by Hopefulcici
Is anyone planning to go the Psychology Visit Day in the 25th March?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I'm going :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lynneee
Yeah I'm going :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool! It looks eventful. How far are you travelling.?I'm 2 1/2 hours away, probably have to arrive a day before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone go to the recent economics offer holder day? What did you think ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Betsyboo
Did anyone go to the recent economics offer holder day? What did you think ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went to the one on Feb. 11th. I quite liked the university and was quite impressed by the department. I'm now having a really hard time choosing between Bristol and King's to firm because I feel that the Bristol course is better regarded but I would also love to study in London
Original post by islander97
I went to the one on Feb. 11th. I quite liked the university and was quite impressed by the department. I'm now having a really hard time choosing between Bristol and King's to firm because I feel that the Bristol course is better regarded but I would also love to study in London

Kings Economics, as in the economics and management course? That is more a management course with Economics slapped on to it, not the other way round.
Bristol is a) cheaper, and b) a much easier place to be a student in, as its smaller, more manageable and everyone lives within walking distance of each other/the University.
Dont underestimate either factor - both will have a major impact on your enjoyment of student life.
Original post by lecafe88
Kings Economics, as in the economics and management course? That is more a management course with Economics slapped on to it, not the other way round.

Yeah, King's doesn't really have a proper Economics department....but do you think that it would affect employment opportunities if i went for that? (bearing in mind I'm planning on doing a postgraduate degree afterwards). My worries about Bristol are the amount of maths in the course. Since I got my offer I've spoken to 2 people who said they hated it because of all the maths. I like maths when I understand it but I'm really worried I won't be any good at it and i'll end up with a 2:2 or something.
Original post by sydneybridge
Bristol is a) cheaper, and b) a much easier place to be a student in, as its smaller, more manageable and everyone lives within walking distance of each other/the University.
Dont underestimate either factor - both will have a major impact on your enjoyment of student life.

True, but I've always dreamed of going to uni in London (I didn't grow up in the UK), and it's mainly the London life that is making me want to go to KCL more.The costs aren't really a big factor for me, so it's more just where I would enjoy more. I liked Bristol when I visited but I didn't love it. The only reason I would really choose Bristol over KCL is the course in itself and if it would hinder my employment opportunities

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending