The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Applicants for 2015 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by moeingthelawn
Hello, I'm also applying for MSci Chemistry :biggrin: I'm torn between Industrial Experience and Study Abroad ;_; so if I ever get into Bristol I might change during second year (I think that's when you can change programmes?)

I wanted study abroad BUT can do a work placement abroad! Or so I think...

Original post by samstown
Edinburgh, Leeds, Exeter, Nottingham. I keep changing my mind.
I looked around Warwick and I really disliked it for some reason. But that was more to do with Coventry than the actual uni :tongue:

Good luck with Cambridge btw :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Anyone planning to apply for Politics and International Relations or a variation thereof?
So what did everyone get then?

I got:
AS Maths A
AS Physics B
AS History C (was always gonna happen)
A2 Maths A

Just going to resit my Physics controlled assessment because I got a C and it dragged my grade down to 4 UMS below A
So all in all happy!
Probably applying to Bristol for Classics. Unsure about this one, the uni and course look brilliant of course, but I've yet to decide which out of my 5 I truly prefer the most! :redface:
Original post by DanRigg96#
So what did everyone get then?

I got:
AS Maths A
AS Physics B
AS History C (was always gonna happen)
A2 Maths A

Just going to resit my Physics controlled assessment because I got a C and it dragged my grade down to 4 UMS below A
So all in all happy!

Ah nice!

You gonna get predicted AAA for next year?

I got A* in A2 Maths and aaaa in sciences, and French

Which gives me A*aaaab
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Ah nice!

You gonna get predicted AAA for next year?

I got A* in A2 Maths and aaaa in sciences, and French

Which gives me A*aaaab

Congrats!
I should get predicted AAA
The lowest grades I can get now are ABB so I'm basically guaranteed a course somewhere already :biggrin:
Just hope I get AAA for Bristol, if not Exeter or Sussex will do!
Congrats!
I should get predicted AAA
The lowest grades I can get now are ABB so I'm basically guaranteed a course somewhere already :biggrin:
Just hope I get AAA for Bristol, if not Exeter or Sussex will do!

So will you be doing FM, Physics and History to A2?

Exeter is awesome

So will you be doing FM, Physics and History to A2?

Exeter is awesome

Nope! Just A2 Physics and As + A2 FM
Nope! Just A2 Physics and As + A2 FM

sounds like fun.

I'll have to do chemistry on top of that

Possibly French
sounds like fun.

I'll have to do chemistry on top of that

Possibly French

Have fun multitasking! I'm gonna enjoy being more focused
Have fun multitasking! I'm gonna enjoy being more focused

I need all mine though :frown: maybe I should do a last minute change to physics :tongue:
I need all mine though :frown: maybe I should do a last minute change to physics :tongue:

You wouldn't regret it :wink:
Bristol is one of my reach universities - this year at least.

I'm thinking about Electronics and Computer Science.

Need to get predicted AAAA which includes 2 new subjects, only managed ABBCC this year which I'm slightly pissed about! It dropped from AAABB in my prelims/mocks.

Other places I'm thinking about include: Cardiff, Edinburgh, UCL, Nottingham and Newcastle. I need to figure out schools that have lower entry requirements as a backup.
Original post by Princepieman
Bristol is one of my reach universities - this year at least.

I'm thinking about Electronics and Computer Science.

Need to get predicted AAAA which includes 2 new subjects, only managed ABBCC this year which I'm slightly pissed about! It dropped from AAABB in my prelims/mocks.

Other places I'm thinking about include: Cardiff, Edinburgh, UCL, Nottingham and Newcastle. I need to figure out schools that have lower entry requirements as a backup.

Cardiff :woo:
Reply 34
Hiya,

I'm thinking of applying to medicine but really stuck on what uni to apply for. I'm keen on Bristol and Birmingham but don't know if I have the grades. Was wondering if any one could help and give me there opinion.

At GCSE I achieved, 5A* in Bio, chem, RE, and 2 IT. 7A and a B.
At AS level, I acheived AABC (AA in bio and maths, B in chemistry but am going to retake a module to boost this up, and a C in history which I dropped at AS) I'm also going to pick up an EPQ.

In my UKCAT:
Verbal Reasoning 600
Quant 670
Abstract 540
Decision Analysis 610
SJT band 1

Can anyone recommend unis to apply for? and also opinion on whether I'll be a good applicant for birmingham?

Thankyou
Original post by LL96
Hiya,

I'm thinking of applying to medicine but really stuck on what uni to apply for. I'm keen on Bristol and Birmingham but don't know if I have the grades. Was wondering if any one could help and give me there opinion.

At GCSE I achieved, 5A* in Bio, chem, RE, and 2 IT. 7A and a B.
At AS level, I acheived AABC (AA in bio and maths, B in chemistry but am going to retake a module to boost this up, and a C in history which I dropped at AS) I'm also going to pick up an EPQ.

In my UKCAT:
Verbal Reasoning 600
Quant 670
Abstract 540
Decision Analysis 610
SJT band 1

Can anyone recommend unis to apply for? and also opinion on whether I'll be a good applicant for birmingham?

Thankyou

Definitely not Birmingham. That's all I know sorry
I'll be applying for Maths :smile:
Reply 37
I'll be applying for medicine and I'm currently doing the IB with both biology and chemistry at higher level. I'm also considering Liverpool, King's College and Lancaster :smile:
I think I'm putting Bristol as my second choice for Law :smile: Do you think it's worthwhile getting my UMS mentioned in my reference if it was very high?
Original post by tomfailinghelp
I think I'm putting Bristol as my second choice for Law :smile: Do you think it's worthwhile getting my UMS mentioned in my reference if it was very high?

If you want to!

Quick Reply

Latest