The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Applicants for 2015 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BobbieShamrock
Same with me! weird haha
So I'm guessing they take into account grades that you achieved before your final year then? I wasn't so sure about this...

Yeah, so because standard offer is a*aa they're just counting early maths.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Think I've finally decided Bristol will be my insurance offer :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Yeah, so because standard offer is a*aa they're just counting early maths.

Awesome :biggrin:
Reply 503
Original post by HennersPD
I got an offer for AAB for chemistry with industrial experience from bristol today, after visiting them last thursday! :biggrin:

Hey man, I'm also applying for this exact course and have my "Visit Day" in December. Was wondering what it was like? What was the interview like and what sort of questions did they ask?

Would be a great help as I am stressing out having been rejected from Oxford..

Well done with your offer btw!
Original post by Yago
Hey man, I'm also applying for this exact course and have my "Visit Day" in December. Was wondering what it was like? What was the interview like and what sort of questions did they ask?

It's really easy - nothing to worry about! Just a tour of the university and chemistry department, lunch and an informal chat with admission tutor! We spoke about my personal statement and asked me to draw the bromination of benzene mechanism! :wink: just swat up on your PS and it'll be great :smile: ah right is that for chemistry? When did you find out? I'm still waiting :/ stressing out too... :/
Original post by Yago

Visit days are just casual open days for those who have offers. Depending on your subject, this might involve meeting current students, staff (very relaxed, just for a chat and to ask questions), tour of halls, mini-lectures, etc.
Original post by theboom
anyone got any interviews for medicine?

I havn't heard anything yet from Bristol for medicine. I've already hear back for Hull York, Leicester and Plymouth. I guess Bristol need to take a bit longer as they have 3500+ applicants. Have you been sent an email with a link to their VIP site?
Reply 507
Original post by adamwhurt
I havn't heard anything yet from Bristol for medicine. I've already hear back for Hull York, Leicester and Plymouth. I guess Bristol need to take a bit longer as they have 3500+ applicants. Have you been sent an email with a link to their VIP site?

Hi,
I have received the email but when i log into the vip site the page is blank. What does it say on it?
Original post by theboom
Hi,
I have received the email but when i log into the vip site the page is blank. What does it say on it?

After logging in, select "My Events/Interviews" to the right of "Welcome to your VIP page, (NAME)". Then, on the screen will be interview invitations. currently it says: "You do not have any events/interviews to be displayed" for me. I'm guessing from the radio silence from medics about Bristol Interviews, that Bristol have yet to invite candidates to interview. This isn't too surprising as there's around 3500 this year, normally they give around 2 weeks notice and their first one I believe is in December. So people will probably start hearing something in next week or two
Anyone heard anything for politics and a language? Really want a place!
Applying for MSc Advanced Computing at the young age of 20 :smile: ! Can't wait for a response/reply from the university. The course looks very interesting (HPC and Computer Architecture WOOO)!
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has heard about decisions regarding the Philosophy and Economics degree.
Just sent in my application for maths! (4 years), really hoping to get an offer from bristol :biggrin:
Just got an offer for French and German, sooo happy I love Bristol :smile: :smile: :smile:
Original post by adamwhurt

When you say you heard back from Hull York what do you mean?
Got an offer for politics and Russian yesterday so happy!
I received an email saying they're still considering my application, should I be nervous?
Reply 517
Original post by Husnara_a
I received an email saying they're still considering my application, should I be nervous?

Dont' worry! I got the same email and received an offer the day after - you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by MG1762
Dont' worry! I got the same email and received an offer the day after - you'll be fine :smile:

oh right, i'll hope for the best! But, congratulations! :smile:
What are you studying and is it your firm? :biggrin:
Reply 519
Original post by Husnara_a
oh right, i'll hope for the best! But, congratulations! :smile:
What are you studying and is it your firm? :biggrin:

I applied for Law but am still waiting to hear back from UCL and King's but I'd love to go to Bristol :smile: What are you applying for?

Quick Reply

Latest