The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London applicants for 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys,

I was just wondering whether KCL put a lot of emphasis on GCSE grades... I know that they look at UKCAT but are GCSE's important to them?

I only got 2A*'s, 6A's and 4B's... do I stand no chances?
Thank you
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by milanakostjuka
Hi guys,

I was just wondering whether KCL put a lot of emphasis on GCSE grades... I know that they look at UKCAT but are GCSE's important to them?

I only got 2A*'s, 6A's and 4B's... do I stand no chances?
Thank you

Depends on the course. Most of the time its about AS levels and predicted grades. But your gcses were good so you shouldn't worry
What about medicine?
Reply 1663
hey! kings recently introduced an economics course with quite high entry requirments (A*AA) however due to no update on league tables, i have no idea if it is actually good for economics or if the entry requirments are high for no reason... someone help please!!!
Original post by mmms95
Has anyone seen the maths timetable yet??? I haven't been able to enrol online yet cause I'm travelling, but I just wanna know how it is, any days off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing maths aswell. I've done all the online stuff they wanted me to do. But they still don't show any timetable? I think we will get a timetable. When we enrol at the uni from 14th sept. But from what I've heard. We get no days off :frown: normally people get Wednesday's off. So was hoping for that ! But we have lectures on Wednesday ! Sucks !
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone received anything from kings by post about freshers events etc ? Coz we start on 14th. And haven't received anything about any events ? Anyone else same position ?
Original post by Maths degree
Has anyone received anything from kings by post about freshers events etc ? Coz we start on 14th. And haven't received anything about any events ? Anyone else same position ?

meee
Original post by sophieemm
meee

I haven't received anything specific but Theres some info around on the website
Original post by doughnut23
I haven't received anything specific but Theres some info around on the website

I haven't recieved anything at all by post ? Have you ?
Original post by mmms95
are ytou doing any maths btw, before you start or just reivsiing a level notes??

Will probz just have a look over a level notes. You ?
I haven't recieved anything at all by post ? Have you ?

Naa nothing by post, should we have ?
Original post by mmms95
yep same, btw if you have enrolled online i think you can view your timetable, google personal timetable kcl

I had a look at that. But it's not been updated I think for 1st year undergrad students. Even says on website. That timetable for UG will be available from 21st sept :s
Original post by doughnut23
Naa nothing by post, should we have ?

My mates that are going different unis have recieved freshers info etc by post. So was thinking we would too. Unless kings just want you to check everything online? Not sure
Original post by mmms95
ahh okay, if you don't mind me asking what did you get in a level? are you looking forward to it btw? i am, just hope lectures/etc are enjoyable and societies are fun (i hope the workload isn't to intense so we have time to have fun also!) :smile:

I got a* a a in maths. Further maths and business studies. Wbu ? Yhh. Looking forward to it aswell ! But heard from others. That maths degree is going to be intense ! But ppl say first year not so bad. So first year. Will have time to enjoy hopefully !
Original post by mmms95
i got AAA in maths, fm, physics, i was only a few marks off an a* in maths and one off in further! :tongue:
yeah true, that's the part i'm scared about tbh, i willing to work hard but i hope the content is approachable you know, also are you going to apply to any work experience/internship placements//insight days in first year?

Yhh same here. Should hopefully be fine ! And Yhh I'll try too. But so competitive I heard. And I don't have much extra curriculum stuff. Wbu?
Is anyone able to view their personal timetable online ? If so. How do you do it ? I've been trying to get mine. But there's no way I can access my own personal timetable ?
Reply 1676
Is anyone able to view their personal timetable online ? If so. How do you do it ? I've been trying to get mine. But there's no way I can access my own personal timetable ?

I think it's meant to be on the virtual campus, but not sure if they've sorted out personal timetables yet. You can go by modules (select on the left hand side) if you know which ones you're taking.
Hey guys, is it required to show gcse certification/paper statement at enrollment? I can't find mine -_____-
(edited 8 years ago)
Does anyone know when we apply for our Student 18+ Oyster?
King's states: 'PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATIONS CAN ONLY BE APPROVED BY KING'S FROM THE OFFICIAL FIRST DAY OF TERM ONWARDS.'
and for my course i think that's the 21st of September.. so do I apply after this date?

It says "my timetable" on the timetable site of KCL but it's not updated yet. Hopefully, they do it before the 21st.

Quick Reply

Latest