The Student Room Group

Maths & Further

Maths Alevel seemed to be cashed in when I got my results, but I thought the usual policy if you were doing Further Maths was not to cash in until the end of the 2 years, as modules can be switched between the 2?

Can this still be done if Maths alevel has been cashed in?
And if i put down my Maths grade on UCAS, and it's sufficient enough for the uni requirements, would I get an offer of AB rather than AAB, for example?
Reply 1
On OCR, if you take Further Maths modules, then your Maths modules are "released", and hence can be swapped around. I don't know if this is the same for other exam boards.

Ring your exams office if you're worried about it.

And as for your offers, yeah - sometimes you can get just two grade offers, because you've technically already achieved the third A level.
Reply 2
For the first question, yes, you need to decline it. Didn't know that about OCR - certainly our school said they weren't going to cash in (OCR MEI) so we could switch around modules. Most schools won't cash in maths for further maths student for exactly the reasons you mentioned. Ask your exams officer.

As to the second question; yes, it is possible. Depends how switched on the admissions tutors (or whoever uploads your offer onto Track) I suppose. Obiouly only if you've cashed in and the grade's on your UCAS form.

Latest

Trending

Trending