The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

Who is starting pharmacy in september 2014 at Bradford university ?

Prospective students can introduce themselves here before they start at Bradford. Post here if you have any questions regarding the university, the course, tbl system, course content, grades issues or any other general query. Feel free to ask and help each other. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paracetamolpharm
Prospective students can introduce themselves here before they start at Bradford. Post here if you have any questions regarding the university, the course, tbl system, course content, grades issues or any other general query. Feel free to ask and help each other. :smile:

Have you tried using the university connect feature to connect to other students?

And have you tried linking to this thread from the general applicants thread?
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
Original post by Motorbiker
Have you tried using the university connect feature to connect to other students?

And have you tried linking to this thread from the general applicants thread?

I haven't used the university connect, I didn't know about it. No I didn't link this thread to the general thread would you suggest to do so ? :smile:
I haven't used the university connect, I didn't know about it. No I didn't link this thread to the general thread would you suggest to do so ? :smile:

It is new, where would you expect to see it advertised on the site?

Yes, drop a message in the main thread linking to this one.
Original post by Motorbiker
It is new, where would you expect to see it advertised on the site?

Yes, drop a message in the main thread linking to this one.

I am not sure about it, but I'll just drop a message in that thread to link it to this one thanks for the advice though.
Starting chemical engineering in september. have you got any views on that as im not really sure. how are the extra clubs and activities. is there something to keep you busy all the time?
could u please comment on your expereince so far
thanks for you time
Original post by ganjasaurus.
Starting chemical engineering in september. have you got any views on that as im not really sure. how are the extra clubs and activities. is there something to keep you busy all the time?
thanks for you time

Hi

I just graduated from Bradford University and there is always something to do, there are over 100 clubs and societies to pick from- from things like football and hockey to the video games society and music societies. The best place to find out about stuff like this is the student union website, or wait until freshers week and go along to freshers fair, which gives you the chance to meet the clubs and sign up if you want!

On top of that there is lots to do on and off campus with bowling, ice skating, the multiplex cinema to name a few, that are within walking distance of the University.

Of course if you live at Universal Student Living there is also things like the study library, student cinema, pool tables, cafe and site wide WIFI to keep you busy!

Personally I was never bored as there was always something to do, and people to hang out with. But I think you get as much out of university as you put in- so get out there and try everything!

Hope this helps, and welcome to Bradford!

Rachel
Universal Student Living Team
thanks for you time

Hello I will be starting my third year of pharmacy in September. I am not particularly sure about chemical engineering, however it has lots of chemistry, physics and maths that's my guess about it. There are many activities you can get involved in like hiking, joining student union and many many societies. Once you'll enrol slowly and gradually you'll be introduced to all of this new stuff, and you can join them according to your will. Yes as I said you'll get to know all about the activities and stuff http://www.ubuonline.co.uk/student-activities/sports-and-societies/ . If you go on this website, you'll get to know everything you want. :smile: As I am a pharmacy student, my experience so far has been fairly okay with the university. The lecturers and the most of the staff are particularly helpful, you can ask them as much as you want for help and they will always be there to help you. So teaching wise it is indeed a very good university, the lecturers know their stuff. I would like to wish you all the best for results. :smile: If you need to ask anything more please feel free to ask me or just quote me. :biggrin:
thanks for you time

Hi buddy,

We have 36 Sports Clubs and over 80 Societies at the Uni. I'm the Athletic Union Vice-President (I help organise the sports teams) so if you have any questions about joining anything when you get here just let me know! In the meantime, you can follow the link below to get an idea of what we have at Bradford.

Hope this helps,

Rob

PS - Join a sports team :P
Reply 9
bump:biggrin:

Flat: 13
Block: Heron
Hit me up !
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by 954013804
bump:biggrin:

Flat: 13
Block: Heron
Hit me up !

Welcome to Bradford hope your experience has been good so far. Are you starting pharmacy or are you from some other course ? :smile:
Welcome to Bradford hope your experience has been good so far. Are you starting pharmacy or are you from some other course ? :smile:

MPharm, should be fun !
5 years is gonna be some time to pass.
Reply 12
Starting pharmacy in sept!
Anyone else here?
MPharm, should be fun !

You will definitely have moments over the 5 years, you will remember in the future but the pharmacy course will be a mixture of interesting and also really boring things to learn.

The time passes by quite fast actually (well it did for me, going into my 4th year now)
Original post by rabia2
Starting pharmacy in sept!
Anyone else here?

Hello I am a third year pharmacy student at Bradford, if you need any information let me know. Congratulations on getting into pharmacy. :smile:
MPharm, should be fun !

It is definitely not that much of fun, I am a third year pharmacy student. Unfortunately with Bradford's new team based learning system not that much of fun, I don't mean to scare you but you really got to be on your toes if you want to progress through the course and succeed. It would be a bit relaxing or fun if you were in Bradford's old traditional lecture based system but it doesn't run anymore.... It is definitely not some time to pass you will find that out in a couple of months when you'll be actually starting the course.
Reply 16
So whos starting this sept then ? Looking forward to it!
meeeee :biggrin:
Original post by HaveFaith
meeeee :biggrin:

Congratulations on making to pharmacy, if you would like to know anything about the tbl course etc don't hesitate to ask. :smile:
Congratulations on making to pharmacy, if you would like to know anything about the tbl course etc don't hesitate to ask. :smile:

I've PM'd you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending