The Student Room Group

How to talk to girls?

Some questions:

1. If you meet a girl you have met before and she suggests or says "Let's catch up for coffee or something sometime", is that just friendliness?

How do you act on that?

2. If you just got a girl's number as you moved city, and would rarely make it back to her city except for a special trip (i.e. you can only visit in daytime and have to leave by nightfall), how do you keep in touch with her?

For both questions, what do you do if you want to be
a)Friends
b)Ask them out because you find them so fit
c)Be friends if nothing else, otherwise more if possible
d)Get into their social circle
Original post by Anonymous
Some questions:

1. If you meet a girl you have met before and she suggests or says "Let's catch up for coffee or something sometime", is that just friendliness?

How do you act on that?

2. If you just got a girl's number as you moved city, and would rarely make it back to her city except for a special trip (i.e. you can only visit in daytime and have to leave by nightfall), how do you keep in touch with her?

a)Friends

1 is just friendliness imo but it could always lead to more.

2, text her, facebook her

I'd do the same things but alter how i speak depending on what i wanted.
1. It could go either way I suppose. Probably just friendliness though.

2. Text, calls, Skype. Plenty of ways to keep in touch with someone.

Some questions:

How do you act on that?

a)Friends
Some questions:

How do you act on that?

a)Friends

a. Just displaying her firendliness. Go along, have a chat and make a new friend. If you bro said to you "Hey let's go down the pub" you wouldn't think 'he is now gay and fancies me'. She is being firendly.
b. Go along as friends but drop in many compliments to hint you may have a crush developing. Make sure they're personal complimanets and not superficial.
c. Same as a.
d. Become friends but take an interest in her other friends.

a)Friends

a. Skype, Facebook, High speed rail, car, bus, low cost airlines. In this day and age long distance friendships are easy. I'm good friends with a girl in Australia who i met on holiday.
b. Unless you had a holiday romance it's difficult to ask out someone who will be pretty much a stranger. You need to become closer friends first and then advance it forward.
c. Same as a but constantly look to strengthen the firendship without becoming overly loyal as you will be firend-zoned.
d. Very diffuclt. Unless you just happen to meet another one of her firends when visiting her they will be nothing but internet friends. Focus on her and if the friendship becomes strong or turns into a relationship you will be incorporated into her circle.
Reply 4
Original post by Madeline_H95
a. Just displaying her firendliness. Go along, have a chat and make a new friend. If you bro said to you "Hey let's go down the pub" you wouldn't think 'he is now gay and fancies me'. She is being firendly.
b. Go along as friends but drop in many compliments to hint you may have a crush developing. Make sure they're personal complimanets and not superficial.
c. Same as a.
d. Become friends but take an interest in her other friends.

a. Skype, Facebook, High speed rail, car, bus, low cost airlines. In this day and age long distance friendships are easy. I'm good friends with a girl in Australia who i met on holiday.
b. Unless you had a holiday romance it's difficult to ask out someone who will be pretty much a stranger. You need to become closer friends first and then advance it forward.
c. Same as a but constantly look to strengthen the firendship without becoming overly loyal as you will be firend-zoned.
d. Very diffuclt. Unless you just happen to meet another one of her firends when visiting her they will be nothing but internet friends. Focus on her and if the friendship becomes strong or turns into a relationship you will be incorporated into her circle.

That's a good list.

Basically anything positive and sending a happy vibes.

Example: When I asked Cheryl out, she was like this:

Reply 5
Some questions:

How do you act on that?

Just friendliness.

a)Friends

Er.... Facebook? BBM, What'sapp? lol..

First question is friends. maybe point b applies too.

Second question same, though on both you can follow all points.
Reply 6
Original post by forborall
Just friendliness.

Er.... Facebook? BBM, What'sapp? lol..

First question is friends. maybe point b applies too.

Second question same, though on both you can follow all points.

But how often do you text if you only met like twice?

It's difficult cos there wasn't much time to build face to face rapport before...

What do you text?

And how do you text so that she talks back...also do you put x's.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending