The Student Room Group

Being contacted on my mobile phone but it's for someone else

Does anyone know if I'm being repeatedly called (harassed) on my mobile phone by a company but they actually want to speak to someone else is illegal under the data protection act? I've told them that it's not the person's number and have asked them to take my number off their records but they have just ignored me and it's starting to really piss me off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just block their number if you can.
Reply 2
Original post by OU Student
Just block their number if you can.

I've tried that but they use another number. It just gets too tiring tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Stop answering. They'll give up eventually.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Helenia
Stop answering. They'll give up eventually.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's credit card so unfortunately they don't give up at all. They rang twice today and in the past they've rang every two hours. Kinda hard to ignore when they keep changing numbers and I'm expecting several calls. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Reply 6

What happens when you advise them that you're not who they're after? Presumably it's in their interests as well to not waste time contacting the wrong person.

You can always do what this guy did.... http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23869462

Jokes aside, if it where me I would ask the important caller I was supposed to get call from to call back and then turn off my phone, or keep declining immediately each time you get the cold calls. Until they tire. After that I would.... threaten them I suppose 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hitashami
You can always do what this guy did.... http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-23869462

Jokes aside, if it where me I would ask the important caller I was supposed to get call from to call back and then turn off my phone, or keep declining immediately each time you get the cold calls. Until they tire. After that I would.... threaten them I suppose 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

Threaten via email. My dad kept getting these parking fines where the camera just took a shot of him driving lol. After the third time we threatened them via email. Never heard from them again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hitashami
Threaten via email. My dad kept getting these parking fines where the camera just took a shot of him driving lol. After the third time we threatened them via email. Never heard from them again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And by threaten I don't mean "if you don't stop I will hunt you down and devour you". More of a "X is my problem and if you don't stop I will be looking to take legal action".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Ask them their address so you can send them a invoice for your time, they will get annoyed and stop after a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kumori
Ask them their address so you can send them a invoice for your time, they will get annoyed and stop after a while.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is actually a good idea. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending