The Student Room Group
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Shy girl worried about starting uni...

Hi everyone :smile:

As you can probably guess from the title, I am a little worried about starting uni. I am a shy, introverted person, but I still want to make friends and meet new people! I also don't drink, and am not a major party/clubbing kind of person.

I guess I'm just worried about fitting in, that's all really :frown: I am excited to start uni, but just a little nervous :colondollar:
Reply 1
Hi I'm Myles I'm a second year we can hang out :smile:
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Hey there :smile:

I'm also not a major party animal or something xD (unless someone convinces me :wink: ). But I'm also going to be a first year there, so we'll be in the same boat! Which campus are you studying at & what course? Hopefully there'll be a range of people there of all personality types, so you might hopefully meet some like-minded people. And don't worry you don't have to drink/go clubbing:wink: there will probably be some who don't as well. i'm going to join some societies too. PM me if you want :smile:
Hi there! Aw I'm a first year too; don't worry I don't drink and don't like clubs very much either so I'm pretty much in same boat as you thinking that people will automatically deem me boring. What course and campus are you on? Feel free to message me :smile: xx
Reply 4
Hi. I'm a introvert myself and I've never been clubbing before nor am I fond of the idea. It's nice to know there's is someone I can somewhat relate to. Lol. I'll be studying Childhood Studies. What about you?
Reply 5
Me too what course are you doing?
I'm so glad i'm not the only one xD i'm living at Walsall campus if anyone else is :wink: but I will be studying at city campus xx
Original post by NishaPanda
I'm so glad i'm not the only one xD i'm living at Walsall campus if anyone else is :wink: but I will be studying at city campus xx

I'm on city campus too :smile: what are you studying? x
Hey :smile: I'm studying psychology :biggrin: what about you? Xx
Oh cool, that was actually my second choice! I'm doing creative and professional writing and english :smile: xx
I will be doing biological science at city campus in October 2014:colondollar: I'm so excited.
Original post by zedandsweetchuck
Hi everyone :smile:

As you can probably guess from the title, I am a little worried about starting uni. I am a shy, introverted person, but I still want to make friends and meet new people! I also don't drink, and am not a major party/clubbing kind of person.

I guess I'm just worried about fitting in, that's all really :frown: I am excited to start uni, but just a little nervous :colondollar:

Hi there
I'm Rhiannon and I feel exactly the same. Hopefully we'll meet lots of interesting people! What course are you doing?
Oh really orangejade? :smile: x I was stuck between psychology, primary ed or drama, but chose psychology :wink: and that sounds awesome! I'd love to do that. I love script writing actually x

we've actually started setting up a film society as an alternative to clubbin' and stuff x i don't know if any of you all have seen it on facebook, if you'd be interested? x

and if any of you are on facebook, feel free to inbox me if you'd like :wink: would be nice to chat to some like minded peeps xx
Hi NishaPanda
I'd be interested in joining the film society, how many others have said they would be interested?
Hey there! We've got more than 10 people which is great to start a society! I think 17-20 xx Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/844010712290199/

We're gonna send the idea to the student union, so we should be up and running soon :wink:
Dont worry about it OP! Were all gonna b in the same boat haha maybe at first were all gonna be like whaaaat but we should swiftly fit in eventually im studying media haha mickey mouse degree but i love it!
Original post by NishaPanda
Hey there! We've got more than 10 people which is great to start a society! I think 17-20 xx Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/844010712290199/

We're gonna send the idea to the student union, so we should be up and running soon :wink:

Hey that's good. At least I know one society I'll be joining. Ok keep me posted!
Cool :smile: xx Should see you at the film society! x

Quick Reply

Latest