The Student Room Group

Would you rather get . . .

Scroll to see replies

10A*s
Original post by Pterodactyl
All the cool kids brag about their sex lives on the internet right?

Original post by Marky Mark
Shut up

Lol OWNED !
The option with the higher A* percentage is always best in terms of uni applications, so I'd choose that. :smile:
Original post by Bullet Knuckle
Lol OWNED !

Listen kid. *************** ***** *** ******** ******
10A's, better still 10A*. Now that would be a dream come true :smile:
I got 10A*1A and A in FSMQ in my GCSEs. But I would rather get 5A* 5B; the A* has more sexy on an UCAS application form.

But yeah in terms of A-levels: A*AB or AAA?
5A*s and 5Bs, if the A* was in maths, english lang + lit and biology and chemistry, because they are my A level choices and core subjects and nothing else really matters, it also shows that you are more passionate about those subjects anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Viva Emptiness
5 A*'s and 5 B's. I'd rather be excellent at a few things than OK at more.

definitely agree
Original post by Rlove95
It depends on what the A* were for. If I got 5A* in really respected subjects then I'd rather have 5A* and 5B's but if lets say I got A*'s in subjects like Citizenship and R.E which aren't necessarily that difficult to get A* in I'd rather have 10A's but if I got A* in subjects like Maths, English, Sciences etc I'd rather have the 5A* and 5B's.

Lol I read this after I wrote my reply, guess we think alike :top:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
10 As
10 As.
10 A's would be nice :h:
10 As. If i bring a single B home this summer, i will be disowned.
10A*s
Original post by solarplexus
I got 10A*1A and A in FSMQ in my GCSEs. But I would rather get 5A* 5B; the A* has more sexy on an UCAS application form.

Like my previous comment, both these grades would average out so I would take the A*AB rather than AAA. Like you said its more 'sexy' :wink:
I hope we're talking GCSEs, not a levels :frown:
Original post by solarplexus

I'd take AAA without question!

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is really hard to answer depends what you want to do at sixth form and uni. I would probably say 10 A's, shows you are excellent at everything and not ok at others (being the B's). And people saying A*s are excellent and A's are good is weird. A's I would classify as excellent and A*s as outstanding as they are the top grade.:colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
Ha ha i pretty much got 5A*s and 5bs and i wish id got 10 As instead!
Reply 39
Original post by GoatsInATree
Like my previous comment, both these grades would average out so I would take the A*AB rather than AAA. Like you said its more 'sexy' :wink:

I only got 3 A*s at GCSE and it's funny that I was predicted 3 A*s at A Level :lol: Results day is in a week!!

Quick Reply

Latest