The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

aitken wing?

Scroll to see replies

HaileyBailey
Are you two going catered or self-catered? I'm signed up for the meal plan but I really like the fact I'm able to have that but still have access to a kitchen within the flat so I could always make myself something when I want to. It feels like I have the best of both worlds. :smile:

Hi,
looks like im going to be your new neighbour! looking forward to the move?
x
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Daniellerussell
Hi,
look like im going to be your new neighbour! looking forward to the move?
x

Hey Danielle! Great to hear you're going to be living next door! :smile: Yeah, I'd be looking forward to it more if I was in the slightest bit ready. So much packing to do.

I just got a message from a girl on another website that is living in the same flat as me, so that's 4 of us from the same floor now. :smile: (at least I think flats 21 & 22 will be on the same floor.) Think of the fun we can have! ^^
Reply 22
Think I'm in room 3 Dani, but I'd have to check to be sure! I can't wait to go, but I'm a little nervous! Hows everyone else feeling? Pizza sat night sounds great, and I'll join u for that glass of wine Hailey! Have u spoke to anyone else from our flat Dani? xx
Hey everyone I'm gona be staying in flat 17, room 3. What day is everyone moving in? Its just my contract it says from 25th September, but I've also been sent a card inside my welcome pack saying collect your keys between 9am and 2pm on Sarurday 23rd September.

Also its more convienient for me do move in on the Sunday because then i can travel by car with all my luggage instead of by train. But i don't want to end up moving in late if everyone arrives on the Saturday.
Aitken Wing rules! That's where i was last year! My best mate Ben is vice pres of Aitken and my old flatmate is the president, you'll definetly see them around a lot during freshers. Pizza nite last year was good for meeting people but they had a distinct lack of pizzas: about 3 between 150 odd people. If ya have a craving for pizza and definetly wanna get some i'd order it from Lucianos (01214713333) or Romeos, they're the best pizza places around!
Reply 25
vaz9
hey tomdon...
looks like we're in the same flat in aitken! i'm in block a, flat1, room2..!!
my name is Varun from Hull and i'm studying medicine..what about you? are you goin down this Saturday...
how cool is it to know a flat mate before u even go down there! lol :smile:

thats cool, ye i'm moving in on sat prob get there like 12ish i think. I already live in brum just love debt that much i decided to stay in halls :smile:

i'm doing physics, usefull to have a medicine student next door you can help me when i'm slumped in an alcohol induced coma for which i will be thankfull.

so guess i'll se you on saturday have a safe journey, and i'm sure you guess my name is Tom

take care
HaileyBailey
Hey Danielle! Great to hear you're going to be living next door! :smile: Yeah, I'd be looking forward to it more if I was in the slightest bit ready. So much packing to do.

I just got a message from a girl on another website that is living in the same flat as me, so that's 4 of us from the same floor now. :smile: (at least I think flats 21 & 22 will be on the same floor.) Think of the fun we can have! ^^

I have just finished packing the car now! im going tommoro morning because my parents are going away on sat! so im really nervous about the first night! least ill get to help everyone on the sat thou!Its really good to talk to people from your flat and next door! feel a little less nervous!
What time will you be arriving on sat?
c u soon!
>>>Dave<<<
Hey everyone I'm gona be staying in flat 17, room 3. What day is everyone moving in? Its just my contract it says from 25th September, but I've also been sent a card inside my welcome pack saying collect your keys between 9am and 2pm on Sarurday 23rd September.

Also its more convienient for me do move in on the Sunday because then i can travel by car with all my luggage instead of by train. But i don't want to end up moving in late if everyone arrives on the Saturday.

Hey,
I think most people are movin in on sat and going to pizza night! im moving in tommoro but i had to ask the uni if that was ok!
Sar88
Think I'm in room 3 Dani, but I'd have to check to be sure! I can't wait to go, but I'm a little nervous! Hows everyone else feeling? Pizza sat night sounds great, and I'll join u for that glass of wine Hailey! Have u spoke to anyone else from our flat Dani? xx

No have you? im nervous to! espcially cause im going to be there a day before everyone else! but ahhh well!
You finished your packing yet?
yeah looking forward to the pizza on sat night where is it?
xx
Sar88

No have you? im nervous to! espcially cause im going to be there a day before everyone else! but ahhh well!
You finished your packing yet?
yeah looking forward to the pizza on sat night where is it?
xx
chrisd282
I'm in Block A, Flat 2 doing Modern Languages, only 1 week to go Aitken-ers lol!

Chris

Hello! Looks like we're in the same flat!
I'm Charlie from Rutland. I'm studying Ancient History.
Only 2 days to go... nervous but excited.
See y'all on Saturday!
Reply 31
CharlieTatt
Hello! Looks like we're in the same flat!
Only 2 days to go... nervous but excited.

Ah great to know someone's in my flat, thought it was just the 8 of us in aitken wing! Anyway are you all packed...or just starting?! lol

See you up there!....tomorrow!!! :eek:

Chris
Daniellerussell
I have just finished packing the car now! im going tommoro morning because my parents are going away on sat! so im really nervous about the first night! least ill get to help everyone on the sat thou!Its really good to talk to people from your flat and next door! feel a little less nervous!
What time will you be arriving on sat?
c u soon!

Hehe, I'm glad I'm not the only one that's nervous. The people from my flat I've spoken too seem to not understand why I'm feeling as nervous as I am excited, hehe. Aw..it'll probably be a little strange on your first night but you may find there are others there aswell. And when everyone else arrives on saturday you'll feel right at home :smile: and can just spend your time getting to know people (make sure you pop over to mine at some point ^_^)

I think I'll be leaving here around 11.30 ish so I should be there between 12.30 and 1..eek! Gosh..its just hit me that I'll be there tomorrow!! I've got so much left to do!
chrisd282
Ah great to know someone's in my flat, thought it was just the 8 of us in aitken wing! Anyway are you all packed...or just starting?! lol

Just started! In a bit of a rush but there's always tomorrow morning :biggrin:.
What time are you planning to get there tomorrow? I think I'll probs be there around 12ish.
Reply 34
CharlieTatt
What time are you planning to get there tomorrow? I think I'll probs be there around 12ish.

Yeah i'm not too sure, i live 100 miles away and my dad's driving me up, probably arrive between 11 and 12 most probably. Nice early start....:eek:

suppose i'll start packing in a minute...haha only joking, i'm virtually done!...ish

See you all tomorrow! :biggrin:
Chris
Reply 35
Original post by 95CEF
Hi, I know you wrote this years ago but in September I will be living in Block A Flat 2!
What is the flat like? Do you have any photos?

thank you! :smile:

Hey, I'm moving into Aitken too, Block B Flat 8! There's a virtual tour on the accommodation website (http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/students/accommodation/halls/vale.aspx) in case you haven't seen it, looks quite decent :tongue:.

I'll see you around Aitken! Haha :tongue:
Reply 36
Hi guys.

I'm going into my 3rd year now but I lived in Aitken in first year and it was awesome.
My Aitken RA (hall committee) jumper is literally my favourite item of clothing!
It is quite a small hall but that only meant everyone got to know each other really well. It's the first year that Aitken has
been all freshers for a long time so it should be even better.

The flats are really nice, they are the only ones to have upstairs and downstairs so it feels a bit like a house.
2 bathrooms between six and one decent sized kitchen. It's about a 10-15 walk to uni.

I was in Block A Flat 3. If you want I can put up some photos and a highlights video I made from first year.
Alex
Reply 37
Hey Alex, I may be moving in in 3 days, but if you do have some photo's you can put up, that'd be awesome! If more just to fuel my excitement than anything :tongue:. Cheers!
Reply 38
Hi Sam.

Sorry, just seen this! Hope you're all moved in now and everything's good. might as well show you the highlights video of my first year in Aitken:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150859974177751&l=3155167821609493942

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending