The Student Room Group

University is making me unhappy and very anxious finding it too hard?

I'm finding university so hard not because the work is difficult I can understand things. but leading up to the exams I get stressed and worried before I've even begun I get worried about failing not doing well which leads to me procrastinating having to study last minute cramming keep failing or I study early but perform badly on the day due to the test anxiety I go blank can't remember things it just doesn't come out the same way as I like so I don't get the best grades that I could be getting just ending up on average.

I'm just finding it all so tough after failing exams in school having to repeat the year, then getting to university doing one year of the course realising it's the wrong course and I failed two modules , decided to switch to a new course which is good. I just keep messing up in my exams or underprepared due to extreme stress and anxiety leading up to it it prevents me from doing anything. I've already spoken to uni I have extra time I'm in a smaller room , but I still have this anxiety problem :frown:.
I already deferred the 2nd semester of this course due to bad anxiety and stress I wanted a time out I still had a repeat to do but this problem just won't go away. It's making me unhappy almost wanting to drop out just quit altogether it's just ruining me. I'm stuck in this failing rut :frown:.

Quick Reply

Latest