The Student Room Group

Is this grammatically correct?

The business, will need to abide by the rules, to ensure they are proceeding every task, in the right sort of way.

Have I used too many commas? I've put them where I would usually pause.

Also, another question about the subordinating conjunction. I know you can use a comma when a sentence starts with a subordinate conjunction, but not sure if I can use it- if it follows the independent clause. As you are aware different rules apply in the UK; I looked up online and don't know what rule to follow for subordinate conjunction, as there are mostly American English rules everywhere. Help me, you generous people.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Highfiveyou
The business, will need to abide by the rules, to ensure they are proceeding every task, in the right sort of way.

Have I used too many commas? I've put them where I would usually pause.

Also, another question about the subordinating conjunction. I know you can use a comma when a sentence starts with a subordinate conjunction, but not sure if I can use it- if it follows the independent clause. As you are aware different rules apply in the UK; I looked up online and don't know what rule to follow for subordinate conjunction, as there are mostly American English rules everywhere. Help me, you generous people.

I'd write it as:

'The business will need to abide by the rules, to ensure they are proceeding every task in the right sort of way. '
Original post by DailyMailIsALiar
I'd write it as:

'The business will need to abide by the rules, to ensure they are proceeding every task in the right sort of way. '

Do you think my method is incorrect?

Quick Reply

Latest