The Student Room Group

First Year Student Bank Account

Hi, anyone know if you can open a student bank account and then close it to switch to another bank? I'm currently with HSBC and quite like them, the £60 Amazon voucher is a nice bonus too but I also like the Santander 4 year railcard.

I'm wondering if I can open with Santander, get my railcard, close it and sign up for the HSBC account to use for uni and also get the vouchers?

Thanks in advance guys
Reply 1
Original post by LeviSJ
Hi, anyone know if you can open a student bank account and then close it to switch to another bank? I'm currently with HSBC and quite like them, the £60 Amazon voucher is a nice bonus too but I also like the Santander 4 year railcard.

I'm wondering if I can open with Santander, get my railcard, close it and sign up for the HSBC account to use for uni and also get the vouchers?

Thanks in advance guys

You can have 2 Student Accounts. Just open it up. No point closing the other.
It breaches the T and Cs
Reply 3
Original post by LeviSJ

Thanks in advance guys

Just switch one 'normal' account to halifax - http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/100-halifax-bank-account-switch-easy-no-restrictions-1961729

get your railcard and an extra 40 quid :lol:
There's nothing stopping you from leaving one and opening up another account.

Just be aware that any of the banks could deny you from opening an account though.

Double check what you need to do in order to get the freebie too as some require you to put £X into the account before you get it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending