The Student Room Group

Students: What's in your bag on a typical day at school?

What's in your bag on a typical day at school/sixth/college?

What bag do you have?

Me:

I have a Brady Black Satchel and my normal stuff is textbooks, pens, pencils, a ruler, headphones, a calculator and notebooks.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For me I have a satchel too, normally a canvas one. I normally have books, water and a calculator in it, I put pens etc in my blazer pockets :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ozzie2
For me I have a satchel too, normally a canvas one. I normally have books, water and a calculator in it, I put pens etc in my blazer pockets :smile:

I'm lucky and dont have to wear uniform aha.
Reply 3
Original post by JayJay-C19
I'm lucky and dont have to wear uniform aha.

You call that luck? I'd hate to wear own clothes because it's effort finding clothes to wear each day and planning what you're going to wear when I can just wake up in the morning and throw on my uniform :smile:
I used a Baleciaga City bag in white at sixth form college. It was huge and fit so much stuff in but I'm going to get a new bag for uni :smile:

I usually carried: pencil case, calculator, school diary, phone, keys, purse, make up bag, books/folders that I needed for the day, reading book and a spare pair of shoes (I drove to school but couldn't drive in heels so I would wear flats but take some heels in my bag and change into them at school, haha!)
Reply 5
Original post by ozzie2
You call that luck? I'd hate to wear own clothes because it's effort finding clothes to wear each day and planning what you're going to wear when I can just wake up in the morning and throw on my uniform :smile:

I do, I have a lot of clothes aha and to be honest, people only actually CARE in the first week or two... after that it is normally just a select few girls who make an effort...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Niamhrado
I used a Baleciaga City bag in white at sixth form college. It was huge and fit so much stuff in but I'm going to get a new bag for uni :smile:

I usually carried: pencil case, calculator, school diary, phone, keys, purse, make up bag, books/folders that I needed for the day, reading book and a spare pair of shoes (I drove to school but couldn't drive in heels so I would wear flats but take some heels in my bag and change into them at school, haha!)

Why would you take something that costs in excess of £1,000 to school? Don't you know school is full of reprobates who **** **** up for fun?
At college, my bag typically holds:
My large notebook
A small notebook for my writing/blogging notes
Whatever book I might be reading at the time
My 3ds XL
A bunch of 3ds games
Maybe a bottle of water
Just had a scan through my bag and found: approximately ten pens that no longer work, a collection of broken pencils - with no sharpener in sight, receipts from years back, an empty portfolio, a notebook and my purse. Dat organisation, tho. :giggle:
Reply 9
Original post by Freudian Slip
Just had a scan through my bag and found: approximately ten pens that no longer work, a collection of broken pencils - with no sharpener in sight, receipts from years back, an empty portfolio, a notebook and my purse. Dat organisation, tho. :giggle:

Woo, go you 😂
Reply 10
Original post by Niamhrado

Cool :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by 99DeadBaboons
At college, my bag typically holds:
My large notebook
A small notebook for my writing/blogging notes
Whatever book I might be reading at the time
My 3ds XL
A bunch of 3ds games
Maybe a bottle of water

:rofl2: 3DS XL :mmm:
Original post by JayJay-C19
:rofl2: 3DS XL :mmm:

i may be overcompensating slightly for something :tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by 99DeadBaboons
i may be overcompensating slightly for something :tongue:

:mmm:
Vans backpack from asos. I keep my daily diary, books for the day, iPod with headphones and a reading book along with some random crap.

Oh and always a water bottle. Lunch for the day too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by ToLiveInADream
Vans backpack from asos. I keep my daily diary, books for the day, iPod with headphones and a reading book along with some random crap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough ☺️
Reply 16
Original post by ToLiveInADream

Oh and always a water bottle. Lunch for the day too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I must be like the only one who hates water... 😂😂😂
Reply 17
Bandages.
Plasters.
Coins.
ID cards and badges.
Cash card.
Notebook.
Pencils.
Shoehorn.
Tissues.
Phones.
Memory sticks.
Earphones.
I've just left school, and I am starting Uni next month, so I guess this will change! In school I usually had:

School stuff - Jotters, notebooks, any textbooks, etc
External Harddrive
Pen drives
A billion pens that don't work, calculator, ruler
Various sheet music
Paracetamol
Money, keys
Paperback or Kindle
Food
I should probably put less things in my bag erm... :tongue:

-Notebook
-Planner
- Folder (Like a plastic one with letters & papers etc. I'd probably die if I lost it)
- Pencil case 1 or 2 depending on day
- Locker & House keys
- Vaseline :colondollar:
- Calculator
- Reading book
- Exercise books
- Phone & iPod
- Tissues
- Purse
- Water Bottle
- Memory stick
- Handsanitizer
- Deodorant (sometimes forget for basketball) and body spray
- Lunch in separate bag

^ Compared to other people I know my bag is as light as a feather. I have an Accessorize tote bag and it has survived! I'll probably change it though sometime this year.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply