The Student Room Group

Embarrassing problem... get too wet?

Im female and a virgin, but I have a problem in that I get wet too easily and too much when with my boyfriend. We haven't done much in a physical way yet, but it is preventing me from wanting to. It happens even when he just touches me and kisses me. I wear a panty liner to stop it leaking through my underwear but sometimes it does and I have to change. When he stays overnight it's worse cause he gets closer. I'm just wearing thin pyjama bottoms or shorts and I'm terrified it's going to go through. I still wear my underwear and the panty liner to sleep but I need to keep going to the bathroom to change it and he asks why I keep going to the bathroom. And sometimes I have to change my actual pyjama bottoms, it's that bad. I don't think he's noticed it yet though. But sometimes he tries to touch me there and I'm scared he is going to feel it. I know some of you will say it's just natural, but it's so embarrassing and excessive. It happens without me even thinking about it and sometimes when he's barely even touching me. It's going to be even more embarrassing when it comes to sex. Would going on the pill help? Any other ideas?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Im female and a virgin, but I have a problem in that I get wet too easily and too much when with my boyfriend. We haven't done much in a physical way yet, but it is preventing me from wanting to. It happens even when he just touches me and kisses me. I wear a panty liner to stop it leaking through my underwear but sometimes it does and I have to change. When he stays overnight it's worse cause he gets closer. I'm just wearing thin pyjama bottoms or shorts and I'm terrified it's going to go through. I still wear my underwear and the panty liner to sleep but I need to keep going to the bathroom to change it and he asks why I keep going to the bathroom. And sometimes I have to change my actual pyjama bottoms, it's that bad. I don't think he's noticed it yet though. But sometimes he tries to touch me there and I'm scared he is going to feel it. I know some of you will say it's just natural, but it's so embarrassing and excessive. It happens without me even thinking about it and sometimes when he's barely even touching me. It's going to be even more embarrassing when it comes to sex. Would going on the pill help? Any other ideas?

Not sure how close you are to your boyfriend but i'd suggest telling him. He should understand and be fine with it. You then won't have to worry about him noticing.

You said you haven't done much in the physical way yet. So to me it sounds like in your head you're going crazy wanting to do something/thinking about it and so on. Getting yourself even more aroused. As you do more physical stuff then you may become less aroused just being with him and it should make it much better.
Reply 2
Original post by 8472
Not sure how close you are to your boyfriend but i'd suggest telling him. He should understand and be fine with it. You then won't have to worry about him noticing.

You said you haven't done much in the physical way yet. So to me it sounds like in your head you're going crazy wanting to do something/thinking about it and so on. Getting yourself even more aroused. As you do more physical stuff then you may become less aroused just being with him and it should make it much better.

That's the thing, I'm not thinking about it, I feel really apprehensive about doing more physical stuff so it's not in my mind, and it happens when I don't even feel aroused. I'm confused.
Reply 3
That's the thing, I'm not thinking about it, I feel really apprehensive about doing more physical stuff so it's not in my mind, and it happens when I don't even feel aroused. I'm confused.

It may not necessarily be the aroused wetness then.

http://www.pamf.org/teen/health/femalehealth/discharge.html
Reply 4
Original post by 8472
It may not necessarily be the aroused wetness then.

http://www.pamf.org/teen/health/femalehealth/discharge.html

But it only happens with him so it must be, but it's like I'm not conscious of it.
Reply 5
But it only happens with him so it must be, but it's like I'm not conscious of it.

Seems like your subconsciously aroused. :dontknow:
Reply 6
With my first gf I was amazed at how wet that area becomes. It was great! But, if worried, see your GP - nothing surprises them and they will be a good source of advice. Plus I would get on with the business with your bf.
just because you're apprehensive about going further doesn't mean your body isn't aroused, presumably you are attracted to your partner :P it's hard for anyone on the internet to tell you what's 'normal' as it will vary girl to girl anyway and it's hard to tell exactly how extreme your situation is since you also seem quite paranoid about it! I doubt your partner will care, he will probably just take it as a compliment that he's turned you on that much and when you do progress things further it will make things more comfortable for you as well
Trust me, when it comes to sex, it really isn't going to matter, but I can see that it could be awkward/uncomfortable at other times. The only thing I can suggest is instead of using disposable pantyliners, which, let's be honest, don't absorb much and must be expensive if you have to change a lot, look into cloth pads and liners which are often more comfortable, absorbant, and cheaper in the long run as you just wash them with your underwear.

Also, just TALK to your boyfriend about it. If you want this to be a long term relationship (which I assume you do) then you're going to get to know each others bodies pretty well and its much easier and much less stressful in the long run to be fairly open early on. I really doubt he'll mind, you'll be less stressed which may help a little, and let's be honest, if your partner has a problem with your natural bodily processes which you have no direct control over, is that really someone you want to be with long term?
Not being funny but your boyfriend should love you being wet? Don't get enbarrased over it; it'll help when it comes to sex? As most people have already said in this forum, really don't worry about it because there really is nothing to worry about. Your boyfriend will understand, and therefore it will be fine because no one else will know

Just cover it up before you go out. Don't hide it from your boyfriend? He will find it weirder your hiding it from him than actually just telling him straight up - if you were my girlfriend and you told me this trust me I wouldn't laugh I'd be happy because it shows your attracted to me and stuff, he will realise this so therefore do not worry!
cant you wear a tampon or something?
Reply 11

Don't you know that tampons cannot be worn unless you're on your period?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't wear tampons unless you are on your period, but even when I am on my period and I put in a fresh tampon, it doesn't absorb it even though the tampon is dry. :confused:
You can't wear tampons unless you are on your period, but even when I am on my period and I put in a fresh tampon, it doesn't absorb it even though the tampon is dry. :confused:

This might be because the moisture is being produced by the vaginal walls, so any space lower than where your tampon is sitting is still producing moisture and the tampon won't be absorbing it there.
It could be worse I knew a girl who had an orgasm right there in the middle of boots I was buying some deodrant she sniffed some then grabbed my arm shook a bit trying not to moan kind of squeaked a bit and then told me she had just had an orgasm.
this thread is 7 years old buddy :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest