The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Who else is on the Extended Degree in Eng and Tech - Initial Foundation Year 14/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
So I guess the timetable will be the same at every college Or not:confused:
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
I think the day in Uni will be the same, but apart from that I don't know
how do you commute from hertford regional college to the main campus ( the Forum) .. im finding it really difficult. what bus to take and all that...
Original post by samson.osifeso
how do you commute from hertford regional college to the main campus ( the Forum) .. im finding it really difficult. what bus to take and all that...

That's the problem with hertford, it's completely out of the way. 724 to heathrow from hertford, not the college though but thats the best I could find
(edited 9 years ago)
is it too late to change to Oakland college? which college is better?. im for sure certain that commuting to Oakland college will be easier. but is there any difference between the quality of teaching at both colleges. Oakland and hertford regional college
is it too late to change to Oakland college? which college is better?. im for sure certain that commuting to Oakland college will be easier. but is there any difference between the quality of teaching at both colleges. Oakland and hertford regional college

I don't know I'm yet to start also, their HE lecturers should be good though as I've met their Btec teachers before and they seem decent. It's not late, you probably can change. It's better if you do, HRC are just completely out the way and your shortest route to the uni is 1 hour and a half by 2 buses.
thanks SandmanMMA. how old are you? what are you studying at UH? and how did you sort out your accommodation?.

i literally live in london. i though it would be easy to go to hertford college every day by train, but the journey is soo awkward. so im looking for a room to rent, cant seem to find any, preferably in-between the region of UH and HRC
thanks SandmanMMA. how old are you? what are you studying at UH? and how did you sort out your accommodation?.

i literally live in london. i though it would be easy to go to hertford college every day by train, but the journey is soo awkward. so im looking for a room to rent, cant seem to find any, preferably in-between the region of UH and HRC

No problem brother. I'm 19 studying Aerospace extended I live a 20/30 minutes drive from Welwyn and the uni so I'm staying at home haha. Maybe next year I'll go to halls or something when they allow me. By then I'll actually have a car so everything will be ok. I should really get one and a full licence by the end of the year, been putting it off for too long. I think the others here have rented out some house or something, quote on of em or dm them mate
my first choice was aerospace, then at last minute i changed to mechanical.. i though aerospace is a bit to narrow. and does this extended degree course mean we get to experience freshers week twice? i don't know how it works
my first choice was aerospace, then at last minute i changed to mechanical.. i though aerospace is a bit to narrow. and does this extended degree course mean we get to experience freshers week twice? i don't know how it works

I think anyone can go freshers week, they have the tickets on sale for £50. Aerospace sounds narrow but actually if you think about it it covers all bases from electrical to mechanical but you can change what type of engineering you want to do up and till year 2 I think.....Not 100% sure. Also job opportunities for Aerospace engineering are going to be huge very soon as they're building a space port in the UK
(edited 9 years ago)
oh cool. aerospace sound fun too.. i mean you to get to build and launch stuff like satellites to space. pretty cool.
(edited 9 years ago)
anyone with a spare room to rent or shared flat in-between the price of £250 - £500PCM please let me know im currently studying mechanical engineering {ext} preferably within 2 - 5 miles from the campus. [ the forum. UH ]
Reply 32
Original post by Jay Jay
Hey only saw this now yeah it went well I got a Unconditional now yayy

Nice one 👍 well done mate ! Might see you about then !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
anyone with a spare room to rent or shared flat in-between the price of £250 - £500PCM please let me know im currently studying mechanical engineering {ext} preferably within 2 - 5 miles from the campus. [ the forum. UH ]

There might possibly be a spare room going in my house share !! My landlords name in Peter and his number is 07775 038068.. Last time I checked there was 1 room left ! And I do think you are able to swap colleges as I spoke to admission and Herts before about this and they seemed pretty relaxed about it, I live in Kent so had to find a house share as commuting was just not an option ! But Oakland's college seemed the easier choice because going between there and the Uni isn't far I guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Did you guys checked the timetable ?
Original post by Jay Jay
Did you guys checked the timetable ?

Nothng has been updated, the course leader emailed me though with the days we're in
Reply 36
Original post by SandmanMMA
Nothng has been updated, the course leader emailed me though with the days we're in

Nice, is that for you personally or ?? And what are they ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
The day in the uni its available on studynet if you did not know about that
Original post by jcarvalho
Nice, is that for you personally or ?? And what are they ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's for all. He said mondays tuesdays and thursdays at college, wednesdays at uni but that's it.
Reply 39
Original post by SandmanMMA
I think it's for all. He said mondays tuesdays and thursdays at college, wednesdays at uni but that's it.

Oh right yeah that's what he said to me when I had a conversation on the phone with him a couple weeks ago ..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending