The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Who else is on the Extended Degree in Eng and Tech - Initial Foundation Year 14/15

Is anyone else in the same boat as me, I'm due to start this Foundation year in September, taught 3 days a week at Oakland's College and 1 day a week at the Uni, which will lead onto the Motorsport Technology Bsc on completion. I've had to find privateaccommodation for this initial year because halls isn’t offered to foundation year students, but I’ve managed to find a room in a house share in Hatfield (stones throw from the uni and also 3 rooms on offer) I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation this year or has been in the past. Just feel alienated at the moment lol ! Would have been nicer to have accommodation with first years also !
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Heyy Im applied for this course aswell! but I am still holding a conditional offer I am searching for rooms aswell but if they accept i will take the course at barnet college.

Btw, are you portuguese?
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Oh right, nice one, when do you find out if you've got a place ? So what made you chose Barnet ? Well if you change your mind and fancy Oaklands then there's rooms left in my house share !

Yes, half Portuguese !
Reply 3
Applied through UCAS and I am still holding a conditional, I'm waiting to get my IELTS results on this Friday. Well i chose barnet because was nearest campus around as I live in North London.

I'm portuguese aswell hehe.
Reply 4
Oh right I see ! Well good luck ! Ahh ok, so your going to live at home and commute ?

Haha well what are the odds of that !
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Thanks ! I'm living with my aunt at the moment but i will have to move out so I am still searching for rooms around north london.

Haha true! :tongue:
Original post by jcarvalho
Is anyone else in the same boat as me, I'm due to start this Foundation year in September, taught 3 days a week at Oakland's College and 1 day a week at the Uni, which will lead onto the Motorsport Technology Bsc on completion. I've had to find privateaccommodation for this initial year because halls isn’t offered to foundation year students, but I’ve managed to find a room in a house share in Hatfield (stones throw from the uni and also 3 rooms on offer) I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same situation this year or has been in the past. Just feel alienated at the moment lol ! Would have been nicer to have accommodation with first years also !

Doing similar stuff, but I'm living with mum to save cash. I looked at accommodation and its extremely expensive. How do students survive this £60 per week life? also I swear I read its 4 days a week at college 1 day uni, if it was 3 though I'd be so happy. I'm too used to the 3 day college week life
Reply 7
Original post by Jay Jay
Thanks ! I'm living with my aunt at the moment but i will have to move out so I am still searching for rooms around north london.

Haha true! :tongue:

Oh right nice nice ! How did it go with your results ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by SandmanMMA
Doing similar stuff, but I'm living with mum to save cash. I looked at accommodation and its extremely expensive. How do students survive this £60 per week life? also I swear I read its 4 days a week at college 1 day uni, if it was 3 though I'd be so happy. I'm too used to the 3 day college week life

Oh right cool, what is it your doing ? Yeah tell me about it, but I live in Kent so needed to move into accommodation really, but that's all sorted now and I have a confirmed place, as well as my student finance came through on Wednesday ! All I need to do is move in ! I'm dreading not having money, especially because I'm coming from a full time job. Yeah I read that also mate, but I had to call Oaklands College for something and I spoke to the course tutor and he said Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays at college and Wednesdays at the University, Fridays off. I hope it's as he told me over the phone ! Long weekends !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi. I am starting the same course in september but think I will be heading to Hertford Regional College. I have the same problem and the uni won't offer me accommodation for the initial year. Just wondering if you're still looking for housemates and if you could send me details about the houseshare. Would also be nice to live with some first years!
Oh right cool, what is it your doing ? Yeah tell me about it, but I live in Kent so needed to move into accommodation really, but that's all sorted now and I have a confirmed place, as well as my student finance came through on Wednesday ! All I need to do is move in ! I'm dreading not having money, especially because I'm coming from a full time job. Yeah I read that also mate, but I had to call Oaklands College for something and I spoke to the course tutor and he said Mondays, Tuesdays & Thursdays at college and Wednesdays at the University, Fridays off. I hope it's as he told me over the phone ! Long weekends !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aerospace is what I intend on doing, that the difference really. How old are you?
Reply 11
Aerospace is what I intend on doing, that the difference really. How old are you?

Oh right nice, I'm 21 ! I applied to Herts 2 years ago after college but then didn't go in the end, but have decided that its what I want to do now !
I though I'd be with younger people. I'm 19. Why didn't you go two years ago?
Reply 13
Original post by abraam.asaad
Hi. I am starting the same course in september but think I will be heading to Hertford Regional College. I have the same problem and the uni won't offer me accommodation for the initial year. Just wondering if you're still looking for housemates and if you could send me details about the houseshare. Would also be nice to live with some first years!

Oh right nice nice, yeah its really annoying ! Yeah there is 1 room left from my coversation with my landlord at the weekend which is the room next to mine, yeah sure the link is http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/hertfordshire/hatfield/2917256

The Landlords name is Peter Louca and his contact number is: 07775038068

So if your looking for accommodation in Hatfield then surly the closer college is Oaklands ?

Josh.
Reply 14
I though I'd be with younger people. I'm 19. Why didn't you go two years ago?

I'm sure most people are going to be around your age, make me feel old haha ! Only 2 years ! Well I wasn't sure if I was ready to go back into education, and i've done some traveling and a season in ibiza and worked a year in a full time job but now I'm ready to go to uni !
I feel for you the most brother. Next year you'll be 22 and hanging around 18 year olds. Fun stuff. Did you do A levels or a Btec?
Reply 16
I feel for you the most brother. Next year you'll be 22 and hanging around 18 year olds. Fun stuff. Did you do A levels or a Btec?

I know I know ! Should be fine I hope ! My friend from college is on the course that i've chose but now going into his 3rd year and at the time he went he was 21 ! I done a B-Tec National Diploma in Vehicle Repair, Technology and Motorsport, and I spent 6 months woking with a Formula Ford team after a left college so my time in between then and uni hasn't been wasted I suppose ! What did you do ?
A levels and messed em up miserably. I would be in aerospace right now if I had a teacher in physics. Oh well everything happens for a reason
Reply 18
A levels and messed em up miserably. I would be in aerospace right now if I had a teacher in physics. Oh well everything happens for a reason

Yeah exactly mate ! It sure does !
Reply 19
Oh right nice nice ! How did it go with your results ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey only saw this now yeah it went well I got a Unconditional now yayy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending