The Student Room Group

I have not heard anything from my firm choice.

Well, it looks like the universities get results earlier than we do. I have just been rejected by my firm choice....
My insurance choice has become my firm which is still conditional.

I am a bit confused. I have not been contacted by my new firm choice the ( the only conditional offer I have now ) yet. Should I be worried? Should I contact them now ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medicslife
Well, it looks like the universities get results earlier than we do. I have just been rejected by my firm choice....

I am a bit confused. I have not been contacted by my new firm choice the ( the only conditional offer I have now ) yet. Should I be worried? Should I contact them now ?

What exams did you take? A-levels? Highers? BTECs?

Hello, it might depend on your conditional offer. I was contacted today but I have been told that I have to wait until I receive my GCSE maths result on the 21st of August.
Are you waiting for any GCSE's or A level results?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by cathyhelen
Hello, it might depend on your conditional offer. I was contacted today but I have been told that I have to wait until I receive my GCSE maths result on the 21st of August.
Are you waiting for any GCSE's or A level results?

Hi, who was you get contacted by? I'm waiting for A levels
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
What exams did you take? A-levels? Highers? BTECs?

I took A levels

If you want to irritate the admissions staff at your insurance university by badgering them while they are in the process of making important decisions, by all means contact them. Otherwise, do what all sensible people do and wait until next Thursday when you will receive your decision as planned and in due course.
I didn't know this could happen. I thought no one knew until track updated on the 14th.
I took A levels

That's very strange because a) universities aren't meant to get the A-level results till this weekend, though perhaps it has happened a day or so earlier this year, and b) they shouldn't release any reject/accept decisions until the 14th.

How did you receive your rejection?

Which university/course rejected you and which is your insurance?

You could phone the uni which rejected you to ask what is going on.
Original post by kwlgirlbec
I didn't know this could happen. I thought no one knew until track updated on the 14th.

You didn't think the universities would receive results earlier so that they can make decisions before results day and update the UCAS system, then? Presumably you think it all happens by magic in a thirty second period on results day. :rolleyes:
Original post by Good bloke
You didn't think the universities would receive results earlier so that they can make decisions before results day and update the UCAS system, then? Presumably you think it all happens by magic in a thirty second period on results day. :rolleyes:

No I thought they made their choices in these upcoming days and posted the results but we didn't find out until the 14th as track is frozen up until this point and wouldn't update until then.
it can happen and has happened before for many students like you, the best thing to do is wait it out until you get your results then call them. Other than that you shouldn't pester the admissions tutors or the administration team as they are most likely busy.
Hi, who was you get contacted by? I'm waiting for A levels

I am doing an Access course that is equivalent to A levels. I applied to do a degree at Bournemouth University and Sparsholt College.

I was contacted by Sparsholt College today.

I was officially told by my tutor said that I should be contacted by the 8th of August. She also said that if I was not contacted by then to let her know. I think that this was from past experience.

I would wait until you're A level results are officially released and then you can start to chase them up. It was wishful thinking on my part that I could get a place with just my Access course and without my GCSE maths result. :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by ageshallnot
That's very strange because a) universities aren't meant to get the A-level results till this weekend, though perhaps it has happened a day or so earlier this year, and b) they shouldn't release any reject/accept decisions until the 14th.

How did you receive your rejection?

Which university/course rejected you and which is your insurance?

You could phone the uni which rejected you to ask what is going on.

Well, they updated my UCAS saying I did not meet the conditions for my course... I phoned them to confirm and they said yes it is right.

I can't do much about it now as they officially rejected me on UCAS.

What I am concerned about is my new firm choice. Have they realised that they are now my firm choice?
Reply 13
Original post by maryamzahid
it can happen and has happened before for many students like you, the best thing to do is wait it out until you get your results then call them. Other than that you shouldn't pester the admissions tutors or the administration team as they are most likely busy.

Original post by Good bloke
If you want to irritate the admissions staff at your insurance university by badgering them while they are in the process of making important decisions, by all means contact them. Otherwise, do what all sensible people do and wait until next Thursday when you will receive your decision as planned and in due course.

Thanks for the advice.

They have not sent me an email saying that they are now my firm choice

I am just a bit worried that my insurance choice is not aware that they are now my firm choice, especially when they are so busy now.

I am just worried that I will miss out some important stuff like accommodation
Well, they updated my UCAS saying I did not meet the conditions for my course... I phoned them to confirm and they said yes it is right.

I can't do much about it now as they officially rejected me on UCAS.

What I am concerned about is my new firm choice. Have they realised that they are now my firm choice?

I think the best person to give you advice on here would be PQ:

Thanks for the advice.

I am just a bit worried that my insurance choice is not aware that they are now my firm choice, especially when they are so busy now.

its fine :smile: I wouldn't worry about it though, just try to get to them on results day and ask them about the accommodation, when your firm rejects you, automatically your details go to your insurance. that is how it works.

It doesn't matter whether they do or not. The process and decision will be the same regardless of whether the frim has rejected you, and they won't have time to be checking individuals in this situation. Stop worrying.
Reply 17
Just out of interest, what course and uni was your firm choice? Sorry to hear about your rejection btw :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by joeymr
Just out of interest, what course and uni was your firm choice? Sorry to hear about your rejection btw :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im assuming medicine or something to do with healthcare based upon OPs username

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the advice.

Your insurance choice will automatically know that your original firm has rejected you. If you meet the conditions of your insurance choice (or fail narrowly but they still decide to take you) then you will be accepted. They deal with thousands of situations like this every year.

If you are worried about accommodation make sure you know how to apply, what the guarantees are etc now so that you are in a position to act fast as soon as your situation becomes clear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending