The Student Room Group

Are some in denial?

Scroll to see replies

Are you just generally angry...or hungry or what? Troll? Can't tell...
OP you couldn't have picked a worse site to post this on. Find a less PC/liberal website to post this. I agree though.
Original post by septimius
OK, but fat is not hot... I'm not judgmental, but then I'd say it's common for fat women not to be good dating material.

In some countries such as Gambia, fat is hot cause it's a sign of wealth.

and don't forget https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reTx5sqvVJ4
Er...OK. yes, everything is subjective....got that basic fact when I was a child.... what more basic facts do you have? I just sense you're fat and offended at some random Web comment I've made haha... Oh, and to pre-empt a response, you judged me so I judge you.

Meow, how about less of the catty comments and more coherent arguments, babe?
(edited 9 years ago)
i think people got annoyed because OP asked a question that others would find offensive as it suggests that an answer was already decided to be acceptable or not acceptable i.e fat girls r ugly so shouldn't have confidence.

My point in this is: fat, thin, ugly, beautiful, hairy, buck-teethed, big boobies. little boobies, big genitals, not so big genitals... there are millions of ways to find someone attractive/unattractive it really just depends what the person sees in another that is suitable/unsuitable for their liking.

OP has an opinion, so does everyone else, it really doesn't matter if john loves jane, harry loves sally, or john is into harry and sally is into jane, it really really really doesn't matter, love comes in all different sizes, shapes, colour..
final point: lets hope u don't have a daughter/sister/friend who has weight issues, cos i'd prefer a happy fat girl than a miserable skinny one any day of the week, and thats just my opinion :-)
Obviously some guys do find fat girls attractive or they wouldn't be able to get a boyfriend, whats wrong with having self-confidence? A fat girl can't like herself and should spend the whole time picking her appearance apart?
Reply 46
Why do some fat girls think they're hot? I remember in school and even now some fat girls tended to say how pretty they were. OK, they got dates, but probably because they were loud and outgoing, not due to their looks.

Thing is, why the arrogance of how good looking they are, when clearly they're low on the looks scale? I'm not judgmental, but I don't get it.

The proof of the pudding is if you get relationships and many girls who are not classic skinny super models get plenty. Personally I have always had a penchant for small plump girls with pretty faces, although not to the exclusion of other pleasant aspects of femininity. I worry more about ignoramuses who see the need to be proactively insulting and suspect that they themselves are unlikely to be successful, at least in the longer term, in finding a reliable mate.
Reply 47
Original post by Autistic Merit
Whilst I would encourage everyone to be as healthy as they possibly can (and this does include being a healthy weight), we have to understand that some people have conditions that make this difficult. Also some may have issues which lead them to comfort eating. Some are just lazy as hell, sure, but I don't believe that they all are.

Even if they are a pig, why should I care? It's not as bad as some other habits like smoking where their habit can have an effect on others not just themselves.

Fat people with health issues have an effect on NHS spending which tax payers pay for, so it does have an effect on others. We as a society end up paying more for it in the long run so we should take it seriously.
Reply 48
I don't think fat women are in denial some just psychologically think they cannot lose their weight so decide to stick with it and be happy whilst getting bigger. Others can probably lose weight but decide because they can get man who are attracted to larger women that there is no reason to lose it and maybe they are happy with how they look just like some of these man like a women with a bit of fat. Than there is the group of fat women and men of course who say that they are fat because of a inherited disease this group seems to be very large and used as a excuse by many fat people, I personally think its untrue and this only effects a minority, some are just too lazy to exercise and try and eat more healthy.

Still I see no reason why a fat women should have no confidence in herself, I don't think I have come across a fat women with a unhealthy level of confidence so would not even think to mention it. Although there are women whether skinny or fat who have disgusting personalities. Its not about being in denial it's about being happy with themselves, perhaps more fat women have learnt this, which is not really a bad thing. Not sure what you would want OP should they walk around miserable and continue that reputation they have of being easy?

Although I think some fat or should I say larger sized women can be beautiful, I don't think I would really date a larger women just not for me.

Have you ever dated a larger women by the way? Also why has the issue affected you so much?
(edited 9 years ago)
Their bodies are none of your business. Some girls are stuck up, that's life, but others are simply trying to look/be confident in themselves:hmpf: I've seen girls who are overweight who are actually insecure but are afraid to admit it. If they let their guard down and show they're insecure they might get bullied for their weight. Not everything is as it seems :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by Wonderer1
Well, I'm glad I have entertained you. It entertains me also how someone cannot take criticism and has to resort to foolish insults but alas I have come to realise there are a lot of immature TSR members on here like yourself. By the way, there is no such thing as 'normal-minded people', just to let you know, there are things that may be considered the 'norm' but 'normal-minded people' is a subjective term. :biggrin:

FYI, if you didn't care you wouldn't have quoted me and responded to me in the first place.

No, you amused by because you don't seem normal...if you have children, lecture to them, i'd just laugh since you don't know me nor have any tie to me...lol..
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by mollyxrose
Ah, of course, only fat girls can stick up for fat girls!! I'm done with this thread, reading your responses is becoming painful.

If people judge fat girls, so be it, it's a free world. you've actually done little to dissuade me. but meh, wallow and be fat, i don't care.
Reply 52
Original post by Claudiatte
Meow, how about less of the catty comments and more coherent arguments, babe?

Eh? it's just a Web forum, and sorry if you give insults, you get them back. Unless you can prove why people owe you good will lol...
Reply 53
Original post by Zarek
The proof of the pudding is if you get relationships and many girls who are not classic skinny super models get plenty. Personally I have always had a penchant for small plump girls with pretty faces, although not to the exclusion of other pleasant aspects of femininity. I worry more about ignoramuses who see the need to be proactively insulting and suspect that they themselves are unlikely to be successful, at least in the longer term, in finding a reliable mate.

lololol... OK, but then some people find them attractive, so what? do you have an actual point?
Reply 54
Original post by LydiaFirefly<3
Their bodies are none of your business.

Why not?

Some girls are stuck up, that's life,

According to whom? You?

but others are simply trying to look/be confident in themselves:hmpf: I've seen girls who are overweight who are actually insecure but are afraid to admit it. If they let their guard down and show they're insecure they might get bullied for their weight. Not everything is as it seems :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

good for you.....
Reply 55
Original post by Mancini
I don't think fat women are in denial some just psychologically think they cannot lose their weight so decide to stick with it and be happy whilst getting bigger. Others can probably lose weight but decide because they can get man who are attracted to larger women that there is no reason to lose it and maybe they are happy with how they look just like some of these man like a women with a bit of fat. Than there is the group of fat women and men of course who say that they are fat because of a inherited disease this group seems to be very large and used as a excuse by many fat people, I personally think its untrue and this only effects a minority, some are just too lazy to exercise and try and eat more healthy.

Still I see no reason why a fat women should have no confidence in herself, I don't think I have come across a fat women with a unhealthy level of confidence so would not even think to mention it. Although there are women whether skinny or fat who have disgusting personalities. Its not about being in denial it's about being happy with themselves, perhaps more fat women have learnt this, which is not really a bad thing. Not sure what you would want OP should they walk around miserable and continue that reputation they have of being easy?

Although I think some fat or should I say larger sized women can be beautiful, I don't think I would really date a larger women just not for me.

Have you ever dated a larger women by the way? Also why has the issue affected you so much?

People judge. I don't get why that fact is so taxing to comprehend.

And everybody should be happy. We're all human after all....

And of course fat women get dates. and? people can date who the hell they want, it's not my issue.....i tend to be laissez-faire in the real world.
Reply 56
Original post by Herry Bawl Sak
Are you just bitter?

Sorry dude, judging by your threads you hardly have your **** together...
Reply 57
Original post by bittr n swt
Oh look at me I'm awesome and slim and anyone that is fat must be deemed ugly.

Dare you not to be hot and confident.

I don't actually believe that.

I know some women who are big but have a nice face. and?
Perception is different for everyone, some people may find those girls attractive, just because you don't, doesn't mean that nobody does. Personally, I don't find anybody attractive at first, its only when I get to know a person that I start to realise that they are appealing to me, for example; my boyfriend of over a year was in the same class as me for almost a year previous, I didn't give him a second look, until he sat beside me one day and we started talking an became friends, then I found him attractive . You indicated that these people had vibrant personalities? If so, this could affect people's interpretation of their appearance regardless of you finding them ugly, that is just because you don't find overweight people attractive. They just aren't your type, but for someone else, they are just the right type.
Why do some fat girls think they're hot? I remember in school and even now some fat girls tended to say how pretty they were. OK, they got dates, but probably because they were loud and outgoing, not due to their looks.

Thing is, why the arrogance of how good looking they are, when clearly they're low on the looks scale? I'm not judgmental, but I don't get it.

People judge...

:rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending