The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Do you have any questions about Keele uni? Ask away

Scroll to see replies

Hey! Do you know what size the beds are in Horwood Hall?
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by samaantha
Hey! Do you know what size the beds are in Horwood Hall?

All single :smile:
Original post by kate113855
All single :smile:

Ah ok, thank you very much!
--
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 84
Original post by Toxicated
Hi, what type of buses run around Keele? I will be moving from Manchester and will be living on campus. How much is a yearly bus pass in Keele? Is it worth getting one?

Also, as I don't live that far away from Keele, I will be traveling back to Manchester occasionally (at least once every weekend maybe). Normally I would have a Unirider which costs about £205 per year, would it be best if I just paid everytime I got on the bus back in Manchester or is it worth paying for a Unirider?

I get on the bus quite a lot around Manchester and not buying the Unirider will mean I will not have that 'freedom' of hopping on and off any bus whenever I want :frown:

If you're living on campus I do not recommend the yearly bus pass as it is over £300 and you are not likely to be using the bus every day. You can get a 10 journey pass for something like £14 which is stamped every time you use the bus - and this is probably the most cost-efficient for someone who only uses the bus a few times a week. There is a bus that goes all the way from Keele, through newcastle under lyme, past the train station and into stoke centre (the shopping centre), and this is the only bus you'll ever need to get. It used to be called the number 25 but now apparently it has changed it's number, i'll have to check that out and get back to you.

I also wouldn't get a bus-pass for Manchester if you're only going back once a week.. it doesn't seem const efficient.

However I do understand the freedom thing, which is why I am getting a yearly bus pass for Keele this year (I am living off-campus and have to get 1-2 buses each way depending on weather and how much I have to carry). It is nice knowing that you can travel whenever you want.

The bus travel website for newcastle has a pricing page so do the math and decide on whatever is best for you :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Whats the night life and city life around here??

Whats the housing like? :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by Bunny2014

Keele isn't within a city. There isn't really much nightlife compared to cities such as London or even Nottingham.

The housing is cheep and cheerful :wink: It's hard to explain until you see it for yourself. Houses are houses and they vary by price and size. Get a house on the Keele side of newcastle under lyme, not on the stoke side.
Original post by Cinnie
Keele isn't within a city. There isn't really much nightlife compared to cities such as London or even Nottingham.

The housing is cheep and cheerful :wink: It's hard to explain until you see it for yourself. Houses are houses and they vary by price and size. Get a house on the Keele side of newcastle under lyme, not on the stoke side.

Ok thank you! :smile: I'm hoping to get an offer to do education studies in sep 2015 next year

I got AACCC in my AS results and in sept ill be going back to do A2's

Would there be any chance i could get an offer if its BBC??
Reply 88
Ok thank you! :smile: I'm hoping to get an offer to do education studies in sep 2015 next year

I got AACCC in my AS results and in sept ill be going back to do A2's

Would there be any chance i could get an offer if its BBC??

I think there's a good chance you'll get an offer yes.

Original post by Cinnie

I agree there's not much nightlife compared to big cities, but there's enough I'd say! There's a fair amount of clubs in Hanley and even a few in Castle, so while I wouldn't say you're extremely spoilt for choice you wouldn't be bored! I've found that I prefer going to union than clubs (but I used to go to clubs at home) because it's a better atmosphere most of the time and cheaper! And if you're looking for shops like a city there's more than enough in Hanley I'd say. It's like a small city to me and I lived in Birmingham before coming to uni. You don't miss much.
Hi, im transferring my job to hopefully the branch in newcastle or hanley and i was wondering how often do the buses come and which is easier to get to? I'd be going to the city centres.
I agree there's not much nightlife compared to big cities, but there's enough I'd say! There's a fair amount of clubs in Hanley and even a few in Castle, so while I wouldn't say you're extremely spoilt for choice you wouldn't be bored! I've found that I prefer going to union than clubs (but I used to go to clubs at home) because it's a better atmosphere most of the time and cheaper! And if you're looking for shops like a city there's more than enough in Hanley I'd say. It's like a small city to me and I lived in Birmingham before coming to uni. You don't miss much.

ok, that sounds great! :smile: It would be nice to have the parties and work at the same time, not literally of course, but you get my drift

Thank you!!!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Tanya_2111
Hi, im transferring my job to hopefully the branch in newcastle or hanley and i was wondering how often do the buses come and which is easier to get to? I'd be going to the city centres.

Newcastle is far easier to get to than Hanley. Castle is about 10-15 mins on the bus from the union. The 3 comes every 10 minutes and at peak times (may be more often than this but they only changed it last month so I won't know for sure until the new semester starts) the x3 comes in between 3s so you have a bus every 5 minutes to Newcastle and Hanley. Takes 50 minutes to just over an hour to get to Hanley from Keele depending on how busy it is/what time you get it!
Hi everyone,

Im a 3rd year at Keele, and a senior mentor for the school of life sciences. If any of you have any questions or worries about anything related to university, academic or not, or even if you'd just like to speak to someone before you get to Keele, you should sign up for a mentor :smile:

Hi :smile: this might seem like a silly question, but does the student union have a dress code for the night events? Such as footwear, are converse okay?
Original post by lucyeleanorc
Hi :smile: this might seem like a silly question, but does the student union have a dress code for the night events? Such as footwear, are converse okay?

They're fine! There's no limitations as long as you're actually wearing clothes haha. Generally on nights out girls tend to wear dresses/clubwear/dressy casual. But there's plenty of people who don't dress up as well :smile:
They're fine! There's no limitations as long as you're actually wearing clothes haha. Generally on nights out girls tend to wear dresses/clubwear/dressy casual. But there's plenty of people who don't dress up as well :smile:

Oh okay thanks :smile: Yea I dress up for going out but sometimes a night out in heels just kills my feet too much so I like wearing some dresses/outfits with converse :smile:
What is Keele? Some sort of vegetable?
What are the people like? Are they wild party animals or can they have fun other ways?
Because I'm now second year at this Uni and I'm not into drinking, people here seem like they can't have fun without it which kind of annoys me :/ I'm thinking of going elsewhere
Original post by Allaboutthatbass
What are the people like? Are they wild party animals or can they have fun other ways?
Because I'm now second year at this Uni and I'm not into drinking, people here seem like they can't have fun without it which kind of annoys me :/ I'm thinking of going elsewhere

You're second year at Keele? There's loads of societies you can join and have fun without drinking!

Quick Reply

Latest