The Student Room Group

advice about EPQ

hiya guys,

so i am a year 12 student and just before finishing school i started an EPQ about children and high school. at that time i wasnt sure what degree i wanted to pursue.

now i am certain that i want to do a psychology degree. i am thinking to chance my question so that it is psychology related so i can write about it in my personal statement as it would show my passion for a particular part of psychology.

my mentor for the EPQ has told me too write 1,000 words over the summer about the initial question i chosen.

she has said that she is on holiday during the summer so i cannot contact her. im really not sure what to do. would she be mad at me if i change my idea and write 1,000 words about my psychology question. or should i do both questions and see what she says in september?

thank you
Original post by tweety97
hiya guys,

so i am a year 12 student and just before finishing school i started an EPQ about children and high school. at that time i wasnt sure what degree i wanted to pursue.

now i am certain that i want to do a psychology degree. i am thinking to chance my question so that it is psychology related so i can write about it in my personal statement as it would show my passion for a particular part of psychology.

my mentor for the EPQ has told me too write 1,000 words over the summer about the initial question i chosen.

she has said that she is on holiday during the summer so i cannot contact her. im really not sure what to do. would she be mad at me if i change my idea and write 1,000 words about my psychology question. or should i do both questions and see what she says in september?

thank you

I think it's worth just doing the psychology question.
I want to be a psychologist.Ive picked:
biology
psychology
english lit
economics(just for something hard plus it has some aspects of business which i done for gcse)

I am still stuck on finding a topic for my epq but I think I've found one which is interesting I think.

Should guns be legalized in the UK?
gun legalization in america-is it good or bad?
the psychological effects of war on a child?
the psychological effects of drugs on people?
The history of the number 7 shirt for Manchester United? (just because it's something different and shows I'ma balanced person if you catch my drift?)

Any other ideas?

Seriously confused by what i would need to research if i picked one of the above...

I want to be a clinical psychologist when im older.

I personally believe they shouldn't but how would I go about gathering sources and research(if this question is even good ).What type of things would you suggest i look into?

I am seriously confused by what exactly i am meant to write...it's doing my head in....so confused...at the moment I was told at the taster to think of the idea I want to do but I want to atleast think of the idea and start researching and typing up.

sorry for the self plug.

Quick Reply

Latest