The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 1
Are you already in Brunel? Where did you book your ticket, your talking about one for the union right?
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
No, sorry for not making that clear.
I am an international student and booked my flight ticket to London yesterday.
Reply 3
Will be seeing you on the 17th then! What are you going to study? Im heading for Law. Know where your accommodation is yet?
Reply 4
Sure, see you there.
I just went downstairs to check the mailbox, no letter from the accomodation office yet.
I'll be studying multimedia technology and design.
I'll be arriving on the 17th, with just the stuff I need for that week, then my parents are coming up the next weekend with the rest of my stuff.

We got our accommodation offers through email..I dunno if it's different for international students though. :smile:
Reply 6
tinkerbellejess
I'll be arriving on the 17th, with just the stuff I need for that week, then my parents are coming up the next weekend with the rest of my stuff.

We got our accommodation offers through email..I dunno if it's different for international students though. :smile:

Me too, although I'll receive the rest of my stuff in packages sent with ups or dhl.
I am a bit worried because I don't know whether I'll be able to be present when the driver will arrive.
Will they be able to tell you when they are going to arrive? I'm sure if you tell the reception-type-thing at the entrance to you residence, that you're expecting something, then they'll take it for you and hold on to it until you get back
Reply 8
ziko2
Sure, see you there.
I just went downstairs to check the mailbox, no letter from the accomodation office yet.

Oh snap! See you at lectures...
Reply 9
ziko2
Sure, see you there.

Hey man. im an international student too. a week ago brunel said they sent me the letter. so a week went by....nothing. called em up today it turns out theyd forgotten to print it.
If u dont already have the letter i would call them up n bug them about ur letter.
Reply 10
I'm commuting, so i will be at campus on the 17th

Probably just wandering about!
Reply 11
NewBoy
Hey man. im an international student too. a week ago brunel said they sent me the letter. so a week went by....nothing. called em up today it turns out theyd forgotten to print it.
If u dont already have the letter i would call them up n bug them about ur letter.

Hey,
thanks for the advice. I sent them an email telling them that I haven't received
a letter from them yet, although I received the unconditional offer a couple of
weeks ago.
Reply 12
ziko2
Hey,
thanks for the advice. I sent them an email telling them that I haven't received
a letter from them yet, although I received the unconditional offer a couple of
weeks ago.

erm i suppose u need the letter to get a visa right? as thats all i need the letter for. if u recieved the unconditional offer by letter then thats ur visa letter. as it states everything the embassy needs to know and its official.
Reply 13
NewBoy
erm i suppose u need the letter to get a visa right? as thats all i need the letter for. if u recieved the unconditional offer by letter then thats ur visa letter. as it states everything the embassy needs to know and its official.

No, I am an eu student, so I won't need a visa. Nevertheless, I
have to sign the tenancy agreement and to send it back with the
retainer deposit.

Does anybody know how much the retainer deposit is?
Reply 14
£200 pounds sterling.

Latest

Trending

Trending