The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Chester: Creative Writing and/or Journalism

Hello!

Is there anybody on here who is starting Creative Writing and/or Journalism at Chester this year?

Scroll to see replies

Yeah I am I'm doing creative writing with english language :smile:
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
We may be in the same CW group then! Are you waiting for your results?
Yeah we might be! I applied last year so I already have a place! Are you waiting on results?
Reply 4
Nope, I've already got a place too. Been waiting for ages to get started. Where are you coming from?
That's cool! I know can't wait to get there and start! Barrow! Where you from?
Reply 6
I'm originally from West Bromwich but I moved to Chester a few years back. I know the area well if you need any help.
Thanks I appreciate that! When did you finish school?
Reply 8
I finished school in 2011 and finished A levels in 2013, then had a year out before uni (I'm 19).
Okay same as me then! Did you do anything interesting in your year out?
Reply 10
No, sadly. I wish I did though. Other than a few weekends in London I just got a part time job and took it easy while I decided about a career path.

Did you do anything interesting?
Well I just think the year out is a good idea just to give yourself the chance to rest! I was in Russia for most of the year but I came back to the UK to get a job for the summer!
Reply 12
Russia! That sounds impressive. Hope you enjoyed it. Russia seems scary to me haha
It was pretty good! I did! The snowboarding was good fun! My parents live there so I'm used to it now but I understand why you would think it's scary haha
Reply 14
Look like we're the only people on here that have taken creative writing for now. You managed to make any friends yet? Would be great to get to know people early
Yeah looks like it! Not sure if this course is very popular though! No not yet, have you? Yeah it would
Reply 16
Nope, you're the only person so far. Might get a few more after results day though
Haha that's a shame! Yeah hopefully! I just want to know what accommodation I am in! If you live in Chester are you going to be living at home or in halls?
Reply 18
I'm going in to private accommodation, you the same or halls?
No idea yet! What's private accommodation? Sounds like a stupid question sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending