The Student Room Group

Is anyone on cerelle contraceptive mini pill? Opinions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Elliex123
Hi, I have been on the combined pill loestrin20 but have been moved onto cerelle today because I suffer from migraines and had an increased chance of bleeding on the brain. Is it less effective than the combined pill? And will the side effects be worse? I feel worried that I may not have a period because that's how I know that I'm not pregnant.... ?

I had terrible side effects on loestrin too! The mini pill is just as effective depending on how you take it, just like the combined pill, if you don't bleed then just take a test to put your mind at rest, however I basically get a regular period on cerelle!
Reply 21
I just found this post and noticed it was the most recent regarding cerelle. I have been taking cerelle since May when I was switched over from cerazette, ive had problems ever since… I bleed every day for the first few months which now seems to have stopped although now and again I’ll have to wear liners because of a strange random discharge! I suffer random cramps even when I have no period, those are not often though maybe every few weeks. The worst effects are mentally, I feel anxious with irrational thinking, over thinking, irritable but also the headaches!! I have one atleast every few weeks that last 2 or 3 days. I know there are major cutbacks in the nhs but God having to go through this and only having like 3/4 days when I feel completely me and the rest of the time suffering from atleast one side effect from this pill. Can anyone else share their side effects too? I have read up on some other forums but they all seem fairly old.
Reply 22
Hello, I've been on cerezette/cerelle since last June and my skin has not got better. I understand the hormone levels are imbalanced to begin with but after a year I thought my body would begin to level out. I had acne before going onto this pill so has anyone got the same issue? Should I change pill or go see a dermatologist?
read many bad reviews about cerelle started to worry as i am swicthing toay from microgynon after 5 years to cerelle! hope will go fine
Original post by katiiiiie
I was put onto Cerelle after being on Cerazette for years. I was told Cerelle was the exact same pill as Cerazette, just different branding. I had no problems on Cerazette, no periods, no headaches, spots, etc. But when I went onto Cerelle my periods didn't stop, I was bleeding at random times on and off for months and just had an awful experience with it considering it was meant to be exactly the same as the previous pill.

Everyone is different though and reacts differently to the pill. I would try it and see what happens.

I've had this exact same problem, but with Zelleta. I've been on Cerazette for legit years (talking 5+) due to nightmarish periods from hell, but they swapped me over to Zelleta randomly when I went to a new place (I hear it's cheaper)? It has the same "active ingredient", yet I've now broken out horridly and had a period despite having one only 2 weeks ago (and even when I had one 2 weeks ago, it was very light, as I usually only have them every 2-3 months on Cerazette)?! It's supposed to be the 'same pill', or so I was told...
Reply 25
I started on Cerelle 2 weeks ago (with no previous birth control) which was a week before my period was due, and now a week later I've still had nothing! Not sure if that's normal or whether I could be pregnant - anyone else had this? I thought it would be too close to my period for the pill to stop it.
Reply 26
I hate Cerelle, it's given me a 2 week long period so far. I've had a headache for a week (could be because of other health issues though) and I've broken out. I'm due for the implant this coming Friday so I've stopped taking Cerelle because it is doing me no good. Worse pill I've ever been on.
Hey all :smile:

I've been on cerelle for 3 months and so far experienced these side effects:
-significantly reduced periods, they come earlier and last longer but still better than excessively heavy flow before
However now new to me, before and during peroiods:
-ive become alot more emotional (teary)
-really bad lower back pains and stomache pains
-increased fatigue

Has anyone else had/has this? Did it get better after waiting longer to adapt?

Never experienced when i was on the yasmin combined pill, but no longer allowed to be on the combined pill so running low on options :/

hello everyone. I started cerazette the beginning of september after being on rigevidon for 2 years. I started my period 5 days later, the 11th september and was a normal 7 day period. my next period started the 13th october, and hasn't stopped since. its not a heavy flow but its not wearing off, still fresh red blood. has anyone else experienced long periods ? and if so do they decrease with time? I am now worried this period is going to last for weeks. Should i still give this pill a chance (3 months) and see how it goes? I'm due to see my doctor in a few weeks anyway to get my new prescription
Reply 29
Hi I've been given the pill to take since I'm premenopausal...I have gained nearly 8 pounds in two weeks...is that normal? Will my weight go back to normal if I keep taking it?
I am on my 3rd week so far so good
Reply 31
How long did it take for your skin to get better? I've just started my 3rd pack & my skin seems terrible & it's really getting me down!
Reply 32
Original post by Hews
How long did it take for your skin to get better? I've just started my 3rd pack & my skin seems terrible & it's really getting me down!

Hi, I've been on cerelle since last June and my skin still has not settled! I've always suffered with acne but not to this extreme...
I've been on the cerelle for 8 years, initially it was great; didn't have a period for 2 and a half years. Then they started coming back and throughout the years getting heavier and more painful. It is also responsible for my bad acne. I'm coming off it and I'm having the mirena coil fitted instead
Reply 34
My daughter is 23 and has pros and endometriosis. She was put on cereals 18 moths and and has still been having irregular periods. This month she has had three mini periods. Is this normal or could it be a sign of something else.
Original post by Anita23
My daughter is 23 and has pros and endometriosis. She was put on cereals 18 moths and and has still been having irregular periods. This month she has had three mini periods. Is this normal or could it be a sign of something else.

18 months?! you should have gone back to your GP after 3-6 months of this... this is a standard rule that your GP should have told you about. it is not necessarily dangerous but it is definitely abnormal and not particularly comfortable for your daughter either.
Reply 36
I've had minimal side effects. Had a period for a few months then it stopped completely and nothing since. I've had a bit of water retention though
Hi I've been on this pill for about 6 weeks I've been on my period for 3 weeks none stop, I've started feeling the really bad lower back pains! Really painful spasms like! Doctor says persist a bit longer my partner is not happy!
Original post by Bronykins
Hi I've been on this pill for about 6 weeks I've been on my period for 3 weeks none stop, I've started feeling the really bad lower back pains! Really painful spasms like! Doctor says persist a bit longer my partner is not happy!

my first period was 3 weeks and after that i haven't had a period since. hang in there!
Original post by Anonymous
my first period was 3 weeks and after that i haven't had a period since. hang in there!

Thank you I will try my best, did you have bad back ache?

Quick Reply

Latest