Original post by ForeverRed96
I live like 20 minutes away so I won't be going for accommodation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah fairs
Reply 2401
Original post by ForeverRed96
I live like 20 minutes away so I won't be going for accommodation

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is the offer so late, what did they say to you?
Reply 2402
Anyone got any ideas for accomadation, like where most the medics are staying?
Reply 2403
Original post by Rishy
Anyone got any ideas for accomadation, like where most the medics are staying?

I applied to
1) Denmark road
2) Richmond Park
3) Victoria Hall

Wouldn't want to stay anywhere else other than Denmark road tbh
Reply 2404
Original post by Hudl
I applied to
1) Denmark road
2) Richmond Park
3) Victoria Hall

Thanks man
Reply 2405
Original post by document35
would anyone have tips on funding for graduates?

We get the NHS bursary, which pays the fees for our last year. We also get the same bursary for intercalating if we want.
For the other years we get just the maintenance loan. Fees have to be funded by us. Hope that helps! :smile:
Original post by Hudl
I applied to
1) Denmark road
2) Richmond Park
3) Victoria Hall

I applied to Denmark Road and Victoria Hall too, but how likely are we going to get Denmark Road if we put it first? o.O
Reply 2407
Original post by Jaska
I applied to Denmark Road and Victoria Hall too, but how likely are we going to get Denmark Road if we put it first? o.O
#

I don't know but I really hope I do,

1) It a lot nicer than the rest
2) I'm pretty tall, it was like the only place with high ceilings
3) Walking distance from stopford

Close to bus stop so I can just get a bus and be in fallowfield in 5 minutes for any turn ups :wink:
Original post by nate29
We get the NHS bursary, which pays the fees for our last year. We also get the same bursary for intercalating if we want.
For the other years we get just the maintenance loan. Fees have to be funded by us. Hope that helps! :smile:

Thanks for the help, mate. Really appreciate it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2409
Original post by Hudl
#

I don't know but I really hope I do,

1) It a lot nicer than the rest
2) I'm pretty tall, it was like the only place with high ceilings
3) Walking distance from stopford

Close to bus stop so I can just get a bus and be in fallowfield in 5 minutes for any turn ups :wink:

Is there a offer day where we can see the accomadation? Alot of people telling me different accomadations to apply to :P
Reply 2410
Original post by Rishy
Is there a offer day where we can see the accomadation? Alot of people telling me different accomadations to apply to :P

Accommodations isn't linked to the offer holders day although on the offer holders day a member of staff from the accommodations team came to answer any questions. The system I agree is pretty ****, the website does not offer enough information on the accommodations. There isn't even pictures for some of the accommodations.

There was also an open house event where you could see all the accommodations, but this was in March I think, most of their events for accommodation viewing was in march but I guess you can contact them to see if they have anymore events.

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/open-days-visits/meet-us/university-accommodation-tours/

http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/consideringmanchester/visitus-openhouse/
Reply 2411
Original post by Hudl
Accommodations isn't linked to the offer holders day although on the offer holders day a member of staff from the accommodations team came to answer any questions. The system I agree is pretty ****, the website does not offer enough information on the accommodations. There isn't even pictures for some of the accommodations.

There was also an open house event where you could see all the accommodations, but this was in March I think, most of their events for accommodation viewing was in march but I guess you can contact them to see if they have anymore events.

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/open-days-visits/meet-us/university-accommodation-tours/

http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/consideringmanchester/visitus-openhouse/

Thankyou man I appreciate it.
Original post by langers21
Could do with one tonight, had 2 rejections in the past 2 days :frown:

What were you grades like

Posted from TSR Mobile
Congratulations everyone whos got offers this year! Just going into my second year of medicine at Manchester if anyone has any questions about the course/halls/general manchester stuff :smile:
I got an offer a few weeks ago btw! Forgot to post it was in the beginning of June!
Reply 2415
Everyone excited for Manchester?

& does everyone think they have achieved their offers?
Reply 2416
Original post by Hudl
Everyone excited for Manchester?

& does everyone think they have achieved their offers?

So excited!

I think so! *fingers & toes crossed*

Do you think you've achieved yours?
Reply 2417
Anyone recieved their accomodation offer yet?
Original post by Rishy
Anyone recieved their accomodation offer yet?

I think they only release them if you have a unconditional offer, so I wouldn't think medical applicants would have then yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2419
Original post by ZaynabAbid
So excited!

I think so! *fingers & toes crossed*

Do you think you've achieved yours?

Very excited aswell, & yeah I hope I have achieved mine by Gods grace. I wish I could fast forward the summer but reading articles is almost like this is going to be our last proper holiday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending