The Student Room Group

Manchester Medicine applicants for 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2440
Original post by Jonnyss
Sorry, I meant what was it for you guys (2015 entry)?

Sorry not 100% sure now although I did know it, I think it was 640 for non WP applicants but you can always double check by ringing or emailing admissions.
Reply 2441
How many hours a week is the Manchester uni course?
Offer has been made unconditional and I have been given accommodation in Victoria Halls :h:. Can't wait to get started and meet you guys.
Original post by MedicineMann
Offer has been made unconditional and I have been given accommodation in Victoria Halls :h:. Can't wait to get started and meet you guys.

Hey how long after your offer was made unconditional did you get your accommodation offer? My offer went unconditional last week and I'm really eager to see what halls I've been given!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why is the course known as A104 rather than A100?
Reply 2445
Original post by emma_1111

Think you mean A106 :P, no clue maybe because the course at manchester is way better than any other uni :wink:
Original post by lollipop1015
Hey how long after your offer was made unconditional did you get your accommodation offer? My offer went unconditional last week and I'm really eager to see what halls I've been given!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just over a week.
Reply 2447
Any first year medics have any tips for us if we get in?
Reply 2448
Got my unconditional via UCAS two weeks ago but still no welcome pack. Anyone else receive theirs yet? I don't want to call in case im just being impatient :smile:
Original post by DrKMC
Got my unconditional via UCAS two weeks ago but still no welcome pack. Anyone else receive theirs yet? I don't want to call in case im just being impatient :smile:

I don't mean to sound rude or anything but why are you so impatient for a welcome pack? You don't start the course for the better part of 2 months so why would you have recieved one already... :tongue:

The A104 course is the 6 year course which is medicine with a foundation year and A100 is the 5 year course
[QUOTE=CharlieNicholls;58078945]The A104 course is the 6 year course which is medicine with a foundation year and A100 is the 5 year course

I dont think thats true, I think a106 is the 5 year course. I may be wrong though
Reply 2452
Original post by CameronNicholson
I dont think thats true, I think a106 is the 5 year course. I may be wrong though

Yeah I checked A106 is the 5 year :smile:
Original post by CameronNicholson

Oh okay well the A104 is the 6 year one :smile: the A100 is a 5 year course but maybe it's the grad one?
Original post by CharlieNicholls
Oh okay well the A104 is the 6 year one :smile: the A100 is a 5 year course but maybe it's the grad one?

didn't think MAnchester did A100.. thought it was only A104 & A106
Original post by Nubian_Queen_97
didn't think MAnchester did A100.. thought it was only A104 & A106

why is it not called A100?
why is it not called A100?

lol no idea.. thought it was a bit weird.. maybe they have a different course with the code A100 so they couldn't use it
A106 is the standard 5 year course- no particular reason why it isnt called A100, just Manchester being special :smile:
"The School requires grades AAA (after successful interview). If you perform exceptionally well at interview but fail to meet these grades, you may also be accepted."

I wonder if they would tell us if we performed 'exceptionally well'.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaska
"The School requires grades AAA (after successful interview). If you perform exceptionally well at interview but fail to meet these grades, you may also be accepted."

I wonder if they would tell us if we performed 'exceptionally well'.
Posted from TSR Mobile

They don't have to. When you've been invited for interview they send you an email to let you know the details of the interview which mentions that after the interview students shoudlnt expect to hear back with offers or rejections for 2 to 3 weeks, "except for those who score very high on the interview" (who will hear back much sooner) this is because they will give those people their offers first and then allocate remaining spots afterwards. I got my offer 8 days after my interview. So essentially if you hear back within 10 days after your interview it means you performed exceptionally well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending