So yeah, start posting :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

bump
Original post by vee_wuvshugs

how high do you think the ukcat cut off will be this year? :smile:
Original post by qwertymed

Well I looked on the website for last year and it was 702.5. It'll be definitely be higher then that :frown:
Well I looked on the website for last year and it was 702.5. It'll be definitely be higher then that :frown:

higher than 720?
higher than 720?

Maybe in a few more years. I don't think it'll be that high - good I hope isn't that high. So did you get 720? That's an amazing score :smile:
Maybe in a few more years. I don't think it'll be that high - good I hope isn't that high. So did you get 720? That's an amazing score :smile:

yeah thanks, you done yours yet? :smile:
yeah thanks, you done yours yet? :smile:

Mine is on the 9th Sept. I'm dreading that day.
Reply 8

I think you would need at least 700+ to be competitve. Especially as they are looking at ukcat before non-academics this year. Good luck!
Original post by 2018
I think you would need at least 700+ to be competitve. Especially as they are looking at ukcat before non-academics this year. Good luck!

where does it say theyre changing it?
would it be risky with 720?
:smile:
Reply 10
where does it say theyre changing it?
would it be risky with 720?
:smile:

It says on the medical school website that they're looking at applications differently this year. Best of luck if you decide to apply :smile:
Original post by 2018
It says on the medical school website that they're looking at applications differently this year. Best of luck if you decide to apply :smile:

Not sure how to feel about their new approach. It reduces the stress of UKCAT because you only need to meet the cut-off score. However, the personal statements have to be bloody amazing!! That will also make the interviews much harder because people will be scoring higher then they are right now :frown:

I'm quite surprised at the jump between 2012/13 to 2013/2014(662.5 to 702.5) for the UKCAT. :eek:

Gathering from what I've heard surrounding the new admissions process, the average needed is likely to be even higher for 2014/2015!
Original post by 06shawm
I'm quite surprised at the jump between 2012/13 to 2013/2014(662.5 to 702.5) for the UKCAT. :eek:

Gathering from what I've heard surrounding the new admissions process, the average needed is likely to be even higher for 2014/2015!

I hope it doesn't get as high Newcastle or King's:frown:
Reply 14
Is it true a high UkCAT (and obviously the required academic grades at AS) guarantees an interview for Manchestee?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by ja1
Is it true a high UkCAT (and obviously the required academic grades at AS) guarantees an interview for Manchestee?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. A high UKCAT means that they will then review your PS/Non-academics before they select for interview. Hope this helps :smile:
Hey Guys,

Just thought I should start a thread for 2015 entry to Manchester Medical School as I haven't seen one out there :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hey I'm thinking of applying, have you done your UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Hey I'm thinking of applying, have you done your UKCAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No not yet, I have booked it towards the end of September, how about you?
Original post by arathorn794
No not yet, I have booked it towards the end of September, how about you?

Ah cool, I've got mine on Thursday and I'm still not getting the scores I want so that depends on whether I'm applying here or not :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending