The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2015 Applications FAQ + Chat Thread + Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by noticemesenpai
Check if any other letters have it and if you can't find it I'd suggest that you call student finance :3

Ok, thank you :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Hi, I got a (course specific) email to my home email address today, and it said I should also have got it on my uni email address, and if I haven't I should 'check the instructions given to you from the university centre regarding activating your email address'.
Problem is, I can't seem to find any instructions, so I was wondering if any of you had got any/know how to activate it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2222
Hi all, I'm an international student entering first year :smile:

I've already registered online, and I'm wondering if my.bham and Canvas are supposed to show my module registrations and course name. As of right now, I'm seeing "null-null" under "programme" and "no modules found". How does the module enrolment process work at the UB?

All help is appreciated! Thanks.
Original post by queryq

I've already registered online, and I'm wondering if my.bham and Canvas are supposed to show my module registrations and course name. As of right now, I'm seeing "null-null" under "programme" and "no modules found". How does the module enrolment process work at the UB?

That's what I see at the moment too. I wouldn't worry yet - I guess they'll update it sometime soon.
Original post by queryq

Does it also say that your academic year is 2014/15 or is that just mine..
Reply 2225
Original post by thegreengirl
Does it also say that your academic year is 2014/15 or is that just mine..

That completely slipped my notice :colondollar: It does say 2014/15...
Reply 2226
Original post by woodpecker
Hi, I got a (course specific) email to my home email address today, and it said I should also have got it on my uni email address, and if I haven't I should 'check the instructions given to you from the university centre regarding activating your email address'.
Problem is, I can't seem to find any instructions, so I was wondering if any of you had got any/know how to activate it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for your reply to my query!

I just successfully activated my email by following these steps:
https://universityofbirmingham.service-now.com/kb_view.do?sysparm_article=KB12814

1. Log into Bham student portal
2. Click on the Office365 icon
3*. Enter your email address --i.e.username followed by @student.bham.ac.uk (e.g. [email protected])
4*. Enter your password
*3&4: Your username and password are identical to the ones used to log in to the student portal.

Hope that helps! See you in a couple weeks :smile:
Original post by saeed97
I've lost the letter so will i have to call up student finance?

Hey, if you haven't sorted this already then a copy of the letter ought to be on your Student Finance account, under the correspondence tab. :h:
Original post by taikibansei
Hey, if you haven't sorted this already then a copy of the letter ought to be on your Student Finance account, under the correspondence tab. :h:

OMG youre a life saver, i actually love you. Thank you so much youve just saved me from a headache lol :h:
Original post by saeed97
OMG youre a life saver, i actually love you. Thank you so much youve just saved me from a headache lol :h:

Yeah, phoning them up is such a pain :laugh: No problem! :h:
Yeah, phoning them up is such a pain :laugh: No problem! :h:

So now ive finished my registration on bham portal do i just wait now for the student ID card to come in?
Original post by Rando
Yeah, I'm glad I've found someone else as well! One thing I'm a little concerned about is getting into contact with my flatmates since the Student Quarter isn't on the Flatmate Finder app. It would just be a bit weird to have 5 kettles or something in a single kitchen.

Yh ikr lol. I don't even know if we have an RA.
Original post by saeed97
So now ive finished my registration on bham portal do i just wait now for the student ID card to come in?

I presume so, yes :biggrin: I'm not sure when we get those, though. I registered last week and haven't got mine, so I guess we just wait.
I presume so, yes :biggrin: I'm not sure when we get those, though. I registered last week and haven't got mine, so I guess we just wait.

Ah ok, thank you anyway :smile:
Original post by saeed97

You'll get an email about welcome week! ^^
You'll get an email about welcome week! ^^

Ah ok, i was just confused because when i finished the registration there were only green ticks next to the things i had to fill out but there was no notification to say ive completed it.
Original post by saeed97
Ah ok, i was just confused because when i finished the registration there were only green ticks next to the things i had to fill out but there was no notification to say ive completed it.

Oh double check if you've completed everything, I received an email saying that I've completed my registration!
Oh double check if you've completed everything, I received an email saying that I've completed my registration!

Was it instantly after you completed it or some time later on?
Original post by saeed97
Was it instantly after you completed it or some time later on?

I got it 5 minutes after completing it
I got it 5 minutes after completing it

idk, i'll just wait until tomorrow to see if anything happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending