The Student Room Group

Teaching skills test query and results day. Help please!

Hey,

I'm waiting on my a - level results (results day Thursday) and i've got conditional offers for Primary Teaching QTS, conditions being results and passing the skills tests 'before the start of the course'. I've passed the literacy skills test but haven't passed the numeracy yet. I've got it booked for the 22nd Aug, but i'm worried in case uni won't offer me a place on Thur because I haven't passed both skills tests yet?
Anyone else in this situation? Or know anything about it and can tell me? There is a chance for me to reschedule my exam to Monday (the 11th aug, would it be best for me to to that so I have passed before results day? However I haven't prepared for it yet. Thanks and sorry for the paragraph!
Reply 1
Your offer won't be accepted until all conditions of it have been met, so you won't be accepted until you've got your results and passed both skills tests. However, this isn't an issue, unless the university has set you a specific deadline for the skills test.

I'd say stick with your appointment, unless your offer says by XXXXXX, where that date is before the 22nd of August.
Reply 2
Original post by tory88
Your offer won't be accepted until all conditions of it have been met, so you won't be accepted until you've got your results and passed both skills tests. However, this isn't an issue, unless the university has set you a specific deadline for the skills test.

I'd say stick with your appointment, unless your offer says by XXXXXX, where that date is before the 22nd of August.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I think that's the best thing to do. I was just worried that on results day they would decline my uni place, due to not having skills test
Original post by Tom_Hanlon
Hey,

I'm waiting on my a - level results (results day Thursday) and i've got conditional offers for Primary Teaching QTS, conditions being results and passing the skills tests 'before the start of the course'. I've passed the literacy skills test but haven't passed the numeracy yet. I've got it booked for the 22nd Aug, but i'm worried in case uni won't offer me a place on Thur because I haven't passed both skills tests yet?
Anyone else in this situation? Or know anything about it and can tell me? There is a chance for me to reschedule my exam to Monday (the 11th aug, would it be best for me to to that so I have passed before results day? However I haven't prepared for it yet. Thanks and sorry for the paragraph!

Unless there's a date stated in your offer conditions then you must meet the conditions by the 31st August.

It's worth contacting your firm to let them know you're entered for the test on the 22nd (so they don't reject you by accident).
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Unless there's a date stated in your offer conditions then you must meet the conditions by the 31st August.

It's worth contacting your firm to let them know you're entered for the test on the 22nd (so they don't reject you by accident).

Thanks for the reply! That's great, thank you! I have just emailed my firm choice then, may do the same to my insurance. Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending