The Student Room Group

How are you going to personalize your uni room?

Scroll to see replies

My boyfriend is a photographer and I've asked for my favourite photo's form his collection for my room and he said he would frame them too... and I gotta take my big Heffalump :love: other than that, I can't take much so I will have to shop when I get there.
Reply 61
Hehe, heffalump!!!! :smile:
Reply 62
Clarence
One of these.

Mmmmmmmmuuuuuseeee :love:

Why isn't it November yet?! :mad:
Reply 63
Im gona take a few of my fave me to you bears, and loads of pictures of friends and family - the people im gona miss loads.
Ive just bought a cool retro pink circly duvet cover for my bed, and im gona buy a pink cushion aswell.
And hopefuly a nice little rug.
Then to finish it off, ive got this poster which i love -
Reply 64
im guna get loads of little greeting card type things and put them randomly on the walls. they do loads in ikea i think so im in need of another trip :biggrin: lol
what one? that just shows loads of posters
(edited 3 years ago)
that worked- that posters class
Thats nice...assuming the real thing is higher res.
Reply 68
Nelioneil, that poster is ace :biggrin:
i want this poster for my en-suite door hehe

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/SpongeBob_Smelly.jpg
Reply 70
I'm not going away for uni, but for college I lived away at Hartpury College and there were TONS of rules and regs for the rooms, so be careful to read them through.

I had posters and photos of friends and family up, but you weren't allowed to stick things up with cellotape, drawing pins or blue tac. We stuck things up with white tac.

Also, as i'm sure is true of all colleges and universities with student housing, I was required to fill in a checklist when I moved in detailing and marks/damage etc on furniture, walls, carpets...pretty much everything. Then you give them that checklist and they check everything over when you move out and any money for repairs is taken out of your room deposit, so make sure to really check everything and write everything down no matter how small it seems!

Hope that helps :smile:
I did and I found another good one (the team work ones)
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 72
*titanium*
Are they mounted like a canvas? i prefer those otherwise it just looks like a cheap poster. I know i could mount it myself, but that takes effort lol

The one I ordered wasn't, but then again it wasnt that expensive. You could always buy a really cheap frame from Wilkinsons?
Reply 73
I'm bringing a few of my stuffed animals. It seems so childish, but I must have them!
A picture of Scarface unloading a m16 helps
will be taking a poster of one of Degas' paintings...should be large enough that I doubt I'll have space for more than maybe one other poster!

- two cream coloured bulletin boards where you can stick pics between satin ribbons...
- mini cello
- plush toy :redface: ...its a Mozart beanie baby toy which plays music lol
also might take my little black teddy bear :p:
- tons of pics of family and friends
- an endless amount of books
- some nice little cards w/pics of famous art work on cover [will prob frame these when i get to uni]
- some african tribal figurines and egyptian miniture statues which friends have given me over the years...
- would like to take some of my own art work but I think that ship it over to the UK would be very expensive especially if i were to insure them :frown:
- want to buy a nice rug when i get to the UK as well

will prob think of more things as uni date approaches
Reply 77
It's not really my room but I'm getting my baby bro and little sis to draw all over a t-shirt with fabric pens to remind me of home a little bit LOL.

Also, gonna be sticking loads of posters up (most probably little britain/the office quotes)
Reply 78
AstraeaBeauty

- plush toy :redface: ...its a Mozart beanie baby toy which plays music lol

Where did you get that!?:biggrin: :eek:
I had a rainbow dangly thing in my inner doorway, a Tigger rug, a beautiful colourful bedspread, loads of posters- some Johnny Depp, some vintage 60s rave posters, a giraffe- stained glass pieces in the window, a plant, pink fluffy fairy lights, photos pretty much all over every bit of wall that wasn't covered in posters, about thirty small fluffy chickens, about twenty toy frogs, framed pictures, a load of cards and things all over my noticeboard and a big yellow sign that said 'Most folk are about as happy as they make up their minds to be'.

So quite a lot... :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending