The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Postgrads at RHUL

Hi,

Just wondered if there's anyone here that's doing a postgraduate course starting in 2014? I'm doing a History MA and I'm pretty excited. Just trying to figure out if I should live in Egham or where I am in London now?

Cheers
Nev.
Hi, I'm a postgrad starting next month (PhD Information Security) and in a similar predicament. I applied for student accommodation and was allocated a room in Highfield Court, but probably going to move out (or try to) because something else has cropped up.

I'm not too familiar with the area, but transport links around Egham seem marvellous (bus and train) and a fair number of postgrads live in the Feltham, Twickenham and Hounslow areas, which are pretty well connected. If you're near there, and you're happy, I'd probably stay. There doesn't seem to be much choice within Egham besides a few shady apartments; Staines doesn't seem much better. I think you can still put your name down for student halls, if you'd prefer that.

All the best!
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Original post by nevnev
Hi,

Just wondered if there's anyone here that's doing a postgraduate course starting in 2014? I'm doing a History MA and I'm pretty excited. Just trying to figure out if I should live in Egham or where I am in London now?

Cheers
Nev.

Hey,

I will also be doing the MA History course at Royal Holloway for this coming year. Nice to meet you. :smile: I have sent you a PM. With regards to your question on where to stay, it depends on which part of London you are currently living, and if you will be studying full or part-time. If you are full-time, living in Egham would most likely be better, due to the workload/amount of modules etc. As I am coming from Northamptonshire, I personally will be living in postgraduate accommodation ( Penrose Court) in Egham.
Reply 3
Original post by mjfisher17
Hey,

I will also be doing the MA History course at Royal Holloway for this coming year. Nice to meet you. :smile: I have sent you a PM. With regards to your question on where to stay, it depends on which part of London you are currently living, and if you will be studying full or part-time. If you are full-time, living in Egham would most likely be better, due to the workload/amount of modules etc. As I am coming from Northamptonshire, I personally will be living in postgraduate accommodation ( Penrose Court) in Egham.

Hello, I'll be joining for the MSc Information Security in Sept!

Have you been to Egham before (and would you know the area)? I've never been and am coming from Northern Ireland, so looking for a bit of information =)

With Penrose Courts being a 38-Week contract, what are your plans for the summer term during your thesis?
I'll be hopefully starting a PhD in Music in September (if we can find all the money in time!). I'll be living at home with my parents in SW London :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending