The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Accomodation at Leeds

Hi I have changed my mind about where I want to live and is it possible at this late stage to now not live at home and arrange accomodation at leeds.
I think you can still apply for accommodation but you aren't guaranteed a place....I could be wrong though!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Daniel balmforth
Hi I have changed my mind about where I want to live and is it possible at this late stage to now not live at home and arrange accomodation at leeds.

I applied for my accommodation early, but wasn't allocated my halls (St Marks) until a couple of days before I was due to arrive! I hadn't put St Marks as my preferred places either! I'm sure if you get in contact with them it can be arranged as it seemed fairly flexible to me, you just need to get in the system!
You will make so many life long friends from living in halls. Good luck with finding somewhere!
My friend has a room at The Tannery halls in Leeds and he is looking for someone to take over his contract.

Contact me if you're interested and I'll give you his contact details.
Reply 4
Original post by SNOOP LAYAN
My friend has a room at The Tannery halls in Leeds and he is looking for someone to take over his contract.

Contact me if you're interested and I'll give you his contact details.

I'm interested in this!!!!
Original post by Rubyy_
I'm interested in this!!!!

Hi, really sorry but the room got taken on Friday. I hope you get a room before the beginning of your degree. Put your name on as many waiting lists as possible and hopefully you'll be fine.

All the best!
Reply 6

I just received an email today, saying that I didn't get a place in a uni residence. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but I don't think you'll be allocated a place, as the deadline was 1st July. Are you postgrad/undergrad/fresher?
Reply 7
Original post by wyhu
I just received an email today, saying that I didn't get a place in a uni residence. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, but I don't think you'll be allocated a place, as the deadline was 1st July. Are you postgrad/undergrad/fresher?

Are you a postgraduate student ? (wyhu) if yes that email was not to inform you that they havent a place for you but rather to say they will have one more week to allocate postgraduates to an accommodation due to the high demand
Hi no I'm in my first year /fresher haven't heard anything yet so just waiting for news.Thankyou for your replies.

Daniel
Reply 9
Hi no I'm in my first year /fresher haven't heard anything yet so just waiting for news.Thankyou for your replies.

Daniel

Ah, i think I read somewhere that they're able to provide housing for all freshers, so I'm sure you'll be fine. Maybe give them a call tomorrow, just to be on the safe side?
Thankyou for your reply, can you advise whether I should contact student finance now to reassess me as living in or should I wait until I have had a place confirmed. Daniel
Reply 11
Thankyou for your reply, can you advise whether I should contact student finance now to reassess me as living in or should I wait until I have had a place confirmed. Daniel

I don't think getting in touch earlier would be of any harm, so go for it. I'd get in touch with their accommodation office as well, as I think they operate separately. Good luck, I'm sure all will be fine ;-).

Quick Reply

Latest