The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol uni freshers that likes to party??

heyaa naughty people whos starting this sep-oct at Bristol uni? any arabs? lol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey I'm starting at Bristol in September!!
:smile: what you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by stotttyy
Hey I'm starting at Bristol in September!!
:smile: what you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh lalaa i had a gap year so i'll be finishing my A2. Hopefully will study Biomed at Bristol. What are you studying? :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by arami
oh lalaa i had a gap year so i'll be finishing my A2. Hopefully will study Biomed at Bristol. What are you studying? :biggrin::biggrin:

I had a gap year too :smile:
I'm studying medicine,
What accommodation have you applied too? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I had a gap year too :smile:
I'm studying medicine,
What accommodation have you applied too? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow impressive!! Bristol is good for med i have a friend doing her second year already. And Im currently in clifton but will probably move in the triangle so its nearer the exiting places :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by arami
wow impressive!! Bristol is good for med i have a friend doing her second year already. And Im currently in clifton but will probably move in the triangle so its nearer the exiting places :biggrin:

Can't wait :biggrin:
Wait so your already living in Bristol then now atm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Can't wait :biggrin:
Wait so your already living in Bristol then now atm?

Posted from TSR

Yeah I am living here :wink:
Reply 7
Original post by arami
Yeah I am living here :wink:

What so your originally from Bristol or have you just moved in a year early? Haha you living in halls atm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
What so your originally from Bristol or have you just moved in a year early? Haha you living in halls atm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, im international student from Paraguay, i have to finish my A2 then uni. and i live in a one bedroom apartment but my parents are buying an apartment nearer the college i will go to
Reply 9
Original post by arami
Nope, im international student from Paraguay, i have to finish my A2 then uni. and i live in a one bedroom apartment but my parents are buying an apartment nearer the college i will go to

Ohh that's so cool!!! You getting your results Thursday then? So am I, so nervous!!
I'm gonna be new to Bristol so you can show me good places to go out haha :smile:
Do you like it there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Ohh that's so cool!!! You getting your results Thursday then? So am I, so nervous!!
I'm gonna be new to Bristol so you can show me good places to go out haha :smile:
Do you like it there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah my AS results, and yeah I LOVE BRISTOL, I lived in 4 different countries and Bristol have been my favourite place its everything i want in a city.. Yes i will show you the best places in Bristol, but in freshers week you will get to go to the best places that the societies recommend too :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 11
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by arami
Yeah my AS results, and yeah I LOVE BRISTOL, I lived in 4 different countries and Bristol have been my favourite place its everything i want in a city.. Yes i will show you the best places in Bristol, but in freshers week you will get to go to the best places that the societies recommend too :biggrin::biggrin:

Wait your getting your AS results? So you haven't done A2s yet? Are you starting at uni in September 2014?

+ yeah, I'm so excited for freshers!!! :biggrin: gonna be so much fun haha + yeah everyone I've spoken to says Bristol is a really nice place and a great uni! Can't wait to get there!!! Woooo!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you like it there?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Id advise you to either walk or use public transport as Bristol just recently has been named the worst place in the UK for congestion.

But if you live here, like i do, you wouldn't know any different :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by Hachik0
Id advise you to either walk or use public transport as Bristol just recently has been named the worst place in the UK for congestion.

But if you live here, like i do, you wouldn't know any different :biggrin:

Yeah that's true, when I visited Bristol for my interview travelling by car was a complete nightmare....I'll probs just take the bus and walk, thanks for the advice :smile:

Do you study at the uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that's true, when I visited Bristol for my interview travelling by car was a complete nightmare....I'll probs just take the bus and walk, thanks for the advice :smile:

Do you study at the uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you are staying near the City Centre then i think walking is great as there is so much to see. Also there are lots of quirky corner streets ect which, if you were driving, you probably wouldn't even know existed.
Reply 16
Original post by Hachik0
If you are staying near the City Centre then i think walking is great as there is so much to see. Also there are lots of quirky corner streets ect which, if you were driving, you probably wouldn't even know existed.

Well I've applied to uni accommodation in Stoke bishop and Clifton, but I have no clue if they are close to city centre or not or how close they are to the uni haa I kinda applied on an impulse to get it out of the way.

Yeah I don't think my parents are 'allowing' me to take my car anyway hahaha so will be walking everywhere :smile: + I loved the quirky streets of Bristol when I visited it felt like I was in a completely different country compared to where I live

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Wait your getting your AS results? So you haven't done A2s yet? Are you starting at uni in September 2014?

+ yeah, I'm so excited for freshers!!! :biggrin: gonna be so much fun haha + yeah everyone I've spoken to says Bristol is a really nice place and a great uni! Can't wait to get there!!! Woooo!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I should be but i had a gap year so i still need to do A2.. I have some friends that are stuying at bristol but i wanted to get to know more as im the oldest in my year and i prefer uni people lol what is your twitter @ i will follow you
Well I've applied to uni accommodation in Stoke bishop and Clifton, but I have no clue if they are close to city centre or not or how close they are to the uni haa I kinda applied on an impulse to get it out of the way.

Yeah I don't think my parents are 'allowing' me to take my car anyway hahaha so will be walking everywhere :smile: + I loved the quirky streets of Bristol when I visited it felt like I was in a completely different country compared to where I live

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used to live in Stoke Bishop and went to the local primary school. I also had Family who lived in Clifton and still do. Compared to other places in Bristol, Clifton is one of the safest places you can live. Its also great for Uni students as its pretty close to the city centre. However White Ladies road is also popular for students as it has pretty much everything you could need. However, for more hight street stores and the night life, you may as well head into the city centre. Thats not to say, that the same can't be found in and around Clifton, its just not as lively.

Stoke Bishop is just as good, but is situated on the other side of the Downs - more a residential area.
Reply 19

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clifton is the best area in Bristol, and is so close to the uni, stoke bishop is little far from uni, but you can still walk.Bristol is beautiful, so many things to do and the best are the night outs, the people are so friendly and just good in generall!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending