The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

How lenient is Portsmouth?

I was just wondering if anyone got into Ports having missed their conditional offer. Need some comfort before results day

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm looking for someone to answer that question also . I've heard that Portsmouth is quite lenient however this was in 2009 and I'm pretty certain that 5 years later things would have changed .
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
In 2011 I did not fulfil my conditional offer and they changed it to unconditional on results day.
If you aren't sure, call them. They are seriously lovely and helpful. I applied super duper late last year (as in, mid-september late) and they were really nice and helpful.
Reply 4
Original post by Amphiprion
In 2011 I did not fulfil my conditional offer and they changed it to unconditional on results day.

But how far away were you from it?
My course asks for 280 UCAS points and this is the average UCAS points last year according to which? uni (credible site)

Also, someone on Facebook told me that a lecturer told her than they will always accept 260 UCAS points. :smile:

Screen Shot 2016-06-16 at 16.31.26.png
I need to know this as well. I pretty much fail Biology after my unit 4 today so I kind of need the peace of mind right now.
Reply 7
Original post by tiadollydady
I need to know this as well. I pretty much fail Biology after my unit 4 today so I kind of need the peace of mind right now.

Same I really wasn't prepared for that exam and unit 5 is coming up next week 😭
Reply 8
I saw someone on Facebook who got into Politics with DUDE.
Here's a link for evidence. https://goo.gl/MKn5hL
Original post by Alex1397
I saw someone on Facebook who got into Politics with DUDE.
Here's a link for evidence. https://goo.gl/MKn5hL

Damn... politics too? I understand if you miss your conditions by 1 grade but surely that's a bit much- particularly for a subject like politics:O
I'm hoping to get in to study Law with Criminology. They're asking for 300 points and I'm so paranoid I won't get it. Especially for a subject like law, I don't know how lenient they can be 🙁
Original post by Anastasia626
I'm hoping to get in to study Law with Criminology. They're asking for 300 points and I'm so paranoid I won't get it. Especially for a subject like law, I don't know how lenient they can be 🙁

LOOL just enjoy your summer, you spent months of studying and then actually sat the exams. Just forget about it.
they are so lenient! my offer was a BBB, and i got CCD and still got in. also most of my other friends didn't get their grade offer and still got in and im talking about **** grades like CDE with BBB offer and still got in ps. i applied in 2015 so its recent and i doubt things have changed
Original post by poohead970
they are so lenient! my offer was a BBB, and i got CCD and still got in. also most of my other friends didn't get their grade offer and still got in and im talking about **** grades like CDE with BBB offer and still got in ps. i applied in 2015 so its recent and i doubt things have changed

what course did you apply for?:smile:
I applied for Biomed which needs BBB but I don't know if I did anywhere near as well as that, especially after those Biology exams ;-;
Original post by Sabbzy221
I applied for Biomed which needs BBB but I don't know if I did anywhere near as well as that, especially after those Biology exams ;-;

Your course is in clearing so I would be confident that if you missed your conditions you still have a fighting chance of a place! The uni know that by not giving you your place, they are giving it to someone who didn't originally want to go to portsmouth, and who too likely missed the conditions.

Good luck- try not to stress too much xD ahaha
Reply 16
Do you know if digital marketing is in clearing as well?
Sorry to bother you, but do you know if English language is? If you don't want to look, how did you find out?
Reply 18
Original post by tiadollydady
Sorry to bother you, but do you know if English language is? If you don't want to look, how did you find out?

I worked out how to do it. You just do a search on the UCAS website ticking the Clearing 2016 box.
http://search.ucas.com/search/results?flt3=1&Vac=3&AvailableIn=Clearing&Query=english&ProviderQuery=University%20of%20Portsmouth%2C%20&AcpId=1903&IsFeatherProcessed=True&page=1&providerids=1903
(edited 7 years ago)
Your talking just makes you more anxious and nervous. Enjoy your summer holiday, forget about a levels untill results day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending