The Student Room Group

What is the best supermarket meal deal?

The co-op give you a good range of choice for £3!

Aldi don't have a meal deal but give you a lot of cheap items. Sandwiches for £1.30. cheaper prices for branded drinks etc.

Where do you shop for your meal deal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a meal deal, I usually just buy different individuals items and randomly create meals out of the items I buy. I don't buy ready meals because they're very poor value and I prefer to prepare my own meals. My preferred places are Aldi, Lidl and Tesco. Lots of variety and options.
Reply 2
Sainsbury do a good £3 one.

Take a "taste the difference" sandwich, tyrrells crisps and some juicy water. Not bad for £3.
Reply 3
Original post by Stinkum
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by a meal deal, I usually just buy different individuals items and randomly create meals out of the items I buy. I don't buy ready meals because they're very poor value and I prefer to prepare my own meals. My preferred places are Aldi, Lidl and Tesco. Lots of variety and options.

Well, astonishingly, he means meal deals.

Personally for me i like the coop stuff, a big big choice of drinks and snacks and the sandwiches seem better quality than other supermarkets.
Although it's not the cheapest I still prefer Boots meal deal they just have a better selection, plus the do Naked smoothies :drool:
Reply 5
haha you must be bored! Worst - Tesco. Best - Probably Boots.
Reply 6
Original post by james1211
Well, astonishingly, he means meal deals.

Personally for me i like the coop stuff, a big big choice of drinks and snacks and the sandwiches seem better quality than other supermarkets.

wat
Although it's not really a supermarket, I think boots do the best regarding choice. Even though it's a little more expensive than others (although at £3.29 it's still not bad) I can still collect boots advantage points with them and you sometimes get vouchers giving you 30p off :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Stinkum
wat

If you're buying the items seperately you're wasting money.
The Co-Op meal deal where I live is £3.25 :confused:
I think the Boots one is the best for the range of food you can get :biggrin:
Reply 10
If you're buying the items seperately you're wasting money.

wat
Original post by kdizzle97

Yeah I work at one and it's definitely not £3. I know it recently went up by quite a bit, I've had complaints.
Reply 12
Original post by Stinkum
wat

Reported.
Always go to the co-op for a meal deal because there is so much variety to choose from and most of it is good quality.
Reply 14
Reported.

wat
1. Sainsbury's
2. Tesco
3. Boots (A bit too healthy for my liking)
4. Co-op (I hated their apple and grape bags)
Reply 16
Original post by Stinkum

A meal deal is a deal where you grab a sandwich, snack and drink for a set price. Usually around £3 :smile:

Original post by kdizzle97

At my co-op on campus the meal deal is £3! score! :biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by Armadillo
A meal deal is a deal where you grab a sandwich, snack and drink for a set price. Usually around £3 :smile:

At my co-op on campus the meal deal is £3! score! :biggrin:

Oh right, I see, thanks :smile: I don't go to co-op, but I think I've seen a similar thing at Sainsbury's supermarket.
Original post by Armadillo
The co-op give you a good range of choice for £3!

Aldi don't have a meal deal but give you a lot of cheap items. Sandwiches for £1.30. cheaper prices for branded drinks etc.

Where do you shop for your meal deal?

Popped this in Food and Drink for you :wink:
Reply 19
Boots all the way.

Quick Reply

Latest