The Student Room Group

Southampton Solent or Bournemouth? - IT Management

Hi all,

I've currently got an offer from Southampton Solent to study IT management. I also have an interview at Bournemouth this week for the same course, I'd like to know which University will be the best to study at? I.e. best reputation, social life, facilities etc.

Also I want to make sure I am taking the right course, I ultimately want to be an IT manager, and be capable of designing and implementing business IT (servers, networks etc) Will I learn how to do all this on this course?

Thanks!
Solent is a really nice uni small classes and unlike some places your treated like a person the lecturers will go out of their way to help you and are really approachable not to mention for the most part friendly.

The location also is great subway is about a 60 second walk away and west keys is about 5 the halls except for LFW are really close to the town centre and clubs but not so close you get disturbed if your trying to sleep or study.

I know some people look down on it but I had a great time and you will too.

Solent till I die

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for the reply, I am leaning more towards Solent at the moment as I know the most about it but I am a bit weary just because they offered me my place without even inviting me to an interview. Is this normal practice among universities?

I am a mature student with 6 years work experience in this field, if it's relevant.
(edited 9 years ago)
For mature students with experience sometimes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KWAK3
Hi all,

I've currently got an offer from Southampton Solent to study IT management. I also have an interview at Bournemouth this week for the same course, I'd like to know which University will be the best to study at? I.e. best reputation, social life, facilities etc.

Also I want to make sure I am taking the right course, I ultimately want to be an IT manager, and be capable of designing and implementing business IT (servers, networks etc) Will I learn how to do all this on this course?

Thanks!

Hi there, just thought I'd introduce myself- my name's Felicity and I've just finished my second year studying at Solent, and I also work for them as a student ambassador, so if you have any specific questions about studying or life in general at Solent I'll be happy to help you out :smile:!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending