The Student Room Group

Do you need to have passed Maths to do Accounting??

I had my maths exam in June and I did further maths and it was a terrible paper basically only the two topics that I just couldn't get was what the paper was made of. I keep feeling like I've failed because I had a good amount of blanks! Do you need maths to do a social sciences course? I'm not incapable I used to get a's and b's during house exams and it's just my luck that the main exam was terrible. I got a D for a previous exam that's equivalent to GCSE's. Help needed! Thanks!
Original post by Dijonnay
I had my maths exam in June and I did further maths and it was a terrible paper basically only the two topics that I just couldn't get was what the paper was made of. I keep feeling like I've failed because I had a good amount of blanks! Do you need maths to do a social sciences course? I'm not incapable I used to get a's and b's during house exams and it's just my luck that the main exam was terrible. I got a D for a previous exam that's equivalent to GCSE's. Help needed! Thanks!

Hey, just giving this a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply! :smile:

Have you found Connect yet? It's really useful for finding other people on your course/University! :smile: :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Hey, just giving this a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply! :smile:

Have you found Connect yet? It's really useful for finding other people on your course/University! :smile: :smile:

Original post by Dijonnay

Hi Dijonnay
Here at Kingston we do not specify that you need Maths A Level to do our Accounting and Finance course
http://www.kingston.ac.uk/undergraduate-course/accounting-finance/entry-requirements.html
however you would need a grade C or above in Maths at GCSE.
I am not sure if you are specifically looking for a place through clearing - but if you are then give our hotline a ring on 0844 842 9599 and someone will be able to talk through your results to see whether you might be eligible for a place.
Good luck
Kerrie

Quick Reply

Latest