The Student Room Group

How many years funding.. Confused!

Hi, just wondering if someone could help me.

I started the foundation in social sciences course at Cardiff Metropolitan in 2012 and then went on to do Psychology there and dropped out Christmas 2013.
I was under the impression that I would only be entitled to two years funding (based on the however many years+1 then take away the 2 I've had funding for) however thinking about it, technically because I had the foundation year included which is 4 years, does that not mean I was entitled to 5 years funding? And if so does that mean I have 3 left. As I am looking at returning to uni to do a 3 year nursing course.
Thanks for any comments 😊 Kirsty
You were right first time
Funding is length of new course plus 1 year minus years already had.
So if it is a 3 year course you are entitled to years 2 and 3 funded.
You will need to fund year 1 yourself.
Original post by IrKirsty
Hi, just wondering if someone could help me.

I started the foundation in social sciences course at Cardiff Metropolitan in 2012 and then went on to do Psychology there and dropped out Christmas 2013.
I was under the impression that I would only be entitled to two years funding (based on the however many years+1 then take away the 2 I've had funding for) however thinking about it, technically because I had the foundation year included which is 4 years, does that not mean I was entitled to 5 years funding? And if so does that mean I have 3 left. As I am looking at returning to uni to do a 3 year nursing course.
Thanks for any comments Kirsty

Nursing is an exception to the funding rule so you will be entitled to funding for the entire degree. For Nursing this is tuition fees paid for by the NHS, reduced rate student finance loan of approximately £2k, a non means tested NHS bursary of £1000 and any means tested supported you are entitled to.
Reply 3
Original post by jelly1000
Nursing is an exception to the funding rule so you will be entitled to funding for the entire degree. For Nursing this is tuition fees paid for by the NHS, reduced rate student finance loan of approximately £2k, a non means tested NHS bursary of £1000 and any means tested supported you are entitled to.

Awesome thank you for that! I couldn't find any information anywhere. So would I be entitled to the maintenance loan for the first year too then? And because I'd be getting the NHS bursary does this mean I wouldn't get the maintenance grant? Thanks again, really appreciate your help!
Original post by IrKirsty
Awesome thank you for that! I couldn't find any information anywhere. So would I be entitled to the maintenance loan for the first year too then? And because I'd be getting the NHS bursary does this mean I wouldn't get the maintenance grant? Thanks again, really appreciate your help!

Yes to the maintenance loan, that's what I meant when I said student finance loan, and no to the maintenance grant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending