The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

The Official Ask Aston Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hi I am a UK student with a aston scholarship which is great however! i have not been made any accommodation offers as of yet I applied almost 3 months ago and met my conditions but my application still says awaiting verification? I also had aston as my firm choice. Could you advise me when I could possibly receive my offer or what I should do?
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by djsingh96
Hi I am a UK student with a aston scholarship which is great however! i have not been made any accommodation offers as of yet I applied almost 3 months ago and met my conditions but my application still says awaiting verification? I also had aston as my firm choice. Could you advise me when I could possibly receive my offer or what I should do?

If Aston was your firm choice you should have guaranteed accommodation, they're just pretty backed up with all the new students so i wouldn't worry, but if you're getting a bit nervy shoot an email to [email protected], they should get back to you fairly quickly on Monday.
Great I have a offer now :biggrin: thanks
is 7beds rooms for 120I ????
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lahabz2012
is 7beds rooms for 120 a week per person ????

Yes, if you could get a room for £17 a week it would be amazing though. Unfortunately no accommodation is that cheap.
Hi,

I am from Trinidad and Tobago and I am interested in doing the MSc Market Research and Consultancy. Can you tell me if this is a good programme?

Also do you (or anybody else ) know of any other Trinidadians who attend the school? Or is there a Caribbean presence at all?

Thanks!
Reply 26
Original post by Aston University
Accommodation on campus is guaranteed for all international students, have you applied through this link previously? http://www.aston.ac.uk/study/accommodation/applications/

I would consider sending an email to [email protected] and [email protected] either-way as the deadline was the 8th of August, i wouldn't worry, one of the towers was only half full this year so there should be plenty of space.

A number of students also live off campus in either unite accommodation or in shared houses in Erdington, Edgebaston, Handsworth and Selly Oak.

Hope everything works out for you Lushka

Josh :smile:

Hey Josh,

as i understand it, it is only guaranteed for fee-paying students:mad:
I'm also an international student and when you contact the admission office they don't really give you an advice what to do. They only tell us to wait further, as their MIGHT be accomodation available...
But here is the situation:
Of course we could apply for unite accomodation but:
1. Campus would be 100 % better
2. They only offer contracts longer than 42 weeks and we are only there from September to January.
3. If we wait much longer for an answer of the admission office the won't have any rooms available either, because as you can see on their webpage most of the rooms are limited or there is even a waiting list....

Also if I decide to rent a shared house, I must know if there is a room for me or not . It is difficult enough to find a room from private owners if your not present, but it is actually impossible to find one if you can't give them the promise that you will rent this room because you have to wait for an answer of the accomodation office first...

Maybe you can give us international students an advice because we really don't know what to do... And please don't make us come to Birmingham without having an accomodation

Kind regards
how many days do we get for lectures a week ?in pharm 1st yr
Original post by En_10
Hey Josh,

as i understand it, it is only guaranteed for fee-paying students:mad:
I'm also an international student and when you contact the admission office they don't really give you an advice what to do. They only tell us to wait further, as their MIGHT be accomodation available...
But here is the situation:
Of course we could apply for unite accomodation but:
1. Campus would be 100 % better
2. They only offer contracts longer than 42 weeks and we are only there from September to January.
3. If we wait much longer for an answer of the admission office the won't have any rooms available either, because as you can see on their webpage most of the rooms are limited or there is even a waiting list....

Also if I decide to rent a shared house, I must know if there is a room for me or not . It is difficult enough to find a room from private owners if your not present, but it is actually impossible to find one if you can't give them the promise that you will rent this room because you have to wait for an answer of the accomodation office first...

Maybe you can give us international students an advice because we really don't know what to do... And please don't make us come to Birmingham without having an accomodation

Kind regards

Apologies if i have given slightly misleading information, I am not linked with accommodation in anyway unfortunately, all i can tell you is they're working through tonnes of applications, rather slowly from what i hear, i can only suggest you hold tight and make some emergency plans in case it doesn't pan out. I can only imagine the stress you're under right now. Good luck.

Josh
Is there anywhere I can find or should I have been sent, a room inventory? Or do I need to guess what I do/don't need to bring?

Thanks
Original post by aaaarroonnn
Is there anywhere I can find or should I have been sent, a room inventory? Or do I need to guess what I do/don't need to bring?

Thanks

Here you go mate: http://www.aston.ac.uk/new-student/moving/bring/
Reply 31
Hi, I have done Stages 1 and 2 of the online enrolment but the timetable I need to click to see my Face to Face Enrolment timeslot and also my Freshers Academic Timetable isn't working. It says I should be able to know once Stage 1 is completed, which I have done.

It says : MAP has been unable to locate your timetable. This may be be because you have recently enrolled as a new student, changed degree programme or changed your student details.

I am an Optometry student if that helps. Thanks.
Original post by mazam
Hi, I have done Stages 1 and 2 of the online enrolment but the timetable I need to click to see my Face to Face Enrolment timeslot and also my Freshers Academic Timetable isn't working. It says I should be able to know once Stage 1 is completed, which I have done.

It says : MAP has been unable to locate your timetable. This may be be because you have recently enrolled as a new student, changed degree programme or changed your student details.

I am an Optometry student if that helps. Thanks.

As it says on MAP, timetables are being updated because you're a new student, jut sit tight and you'll get the information soon, face to face enrolment is practically a month away. :smile:
Just to let you guys know that our freshers week academic timetables are up on MAP...I can't believe we're so close!!!!! :ahee:
There is also a myAston app which looks very helpful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by awesomearps
Just to let you guys know that our freshers week academic timetables are up on MAP...I can't believe we're so close!!!!! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to see you've noticed the App, I also work on that along with a number of other things such as managing this board, any suggestions or improvements I would be happy to hear.

Josh
Hi : ) I want to ask what are the usual offers that Aston University sends to Bulgarian students applying for the International Business and Management course, I mean what should the average score of the diploma be ? And also if Cambridge Advanced English certificate may be a sufficient proof of my level of English and if so with what grade ? Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by powerpuff_girl
Hi : ) I want to ask what are the usual offers that Aston University sends to Bulgarian students applying for the International Business and Management course, I mean what should the average score of the diploma be ? And also if Cambridge Advanced English certificate may be a sufficient proof of my level of English and if so with what grade ? Thanks in advance :smile:

Hi hopefully this page will point you in the right direction. 5.5 seems to the requirement for all business courses, more requirements on the English language requirements can be found here.
Original post by Aston University
Hi hopefully this page will point you in the right direction. 5.5 seems to the requirement for all business courses, more requirements on the English language requirements can be found here.

Yes I saw this but as long as CAE is not stated there does that mean that it is not acceptable ??
Original post by powerpuff_girl
Yes I saw this but as long as CAE is not stated there does that mean that it is not acceptable ??

That's something you will have to contact the international admissions department about, contact them at the following email address: [email protected]
Reply 39
Original post by awesomearps

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't seem to access mine still, or have only certain departments gone up? It still says : MAP has been unable to locate your timetable. This may be be because you have recently enrolled as a new student, changed degree programme or changed your student details.

Quick Reply

Latest